Sign in to follow this  
Guest dansteph

FSPassengers

Guest abent

Thanks Clayton, I'll do just that.Cheers,Adam

Guest jase439

If there's a mountain to be made of a molehill, no doubt, you will find many willing carpenters here to build it for you :)

Barry,FS2Crew and FSPassengers have totally different objectives and do totally different things. FS2Crew is not a substitute for FSPassengers and FSPassengers is not a substitute for FS2Crew.Email if you need more info.Cheers,Bryan

Guest dansteph

Hello All,I'm the author of this add-on, I will not jump on people that care about screaming passengers but I just wanted to state my point of view on this.Screaming passengers take about 5 lines of C++ code on exactly 50'400 (NET without comment else it make more than 62'000 lines) there is much more in FsP than simply screaming passengers.Some have even a complete different point of view and complaint that there is not a "casulaties list" with passengers name (FsP include localised passengers manifest with name)This is an absolute NO for me, as father myself I don't want to see a casualties list with children's name (or even adult for what it matter)Anyway the goal of FsP was to provide a full environnment that will give a bit of the feeling of real flying in meant of responsabilities, stress and concern wich is lacking yet (you can do an immelman with a 747 in Fs2004, who will care ?)On this subject I could not simply bypass the "causalties" report (simply the number of wounded, dead etc etc) because this number count for your company reputation, pilot statistics and others things.Now try to mount a pilot's career in "instand record" mode (mean if you crash badly you loose your pilot) and let me know if this don't enhance the impression that you have a big responsabilities and that "your life is on your hand" and "every action you make will have an impact" there is far less reward when there is no challenge.Death is part of life, one can't simulate fully a things while simply ignoring this fact, death and crash don't disappear because you erased them from book, game or other things.FsP is not a "screaming simulator" and either not a thing that mad people that love blood would enjoy. My goal was simply to enhance theflight simulation.Don't be misled by 5 line of code, 5 line in a report and a vague screaming sound (also it's your fault if you hear it :)Sorry I'll not be able to reply often here, perhaps one might start a debate on this on FsPassengers.com forum because I'm busy like #### now trying to answer all the mail I receive and prepare other things(and sorry for my bad writting I'm not english and I'm in a hurry lately)Cheers to all flight simulation lover.Daniel Pollihttp://www.fspassengers.com

Guest JimC1702

Hi Dan, thanks for the post and the explanation.I just downloaded the demo of FSP and after 2 flights I think I just might have to buy it.It adds a lot to the sim.Jim

Guest Fsmodeler

Seems funny to me that we can get all wraped around the axle about this add-on. How many of you have ever flown a combat sim? or a first person shooter? I bet it never crossed your mind about the bombs you were dropping or the bullets you were letting loose. Plenty of grief stricken people there.(If it were REAL life.) But then again it is just a game. Some people have way too much time to think about the psycological aspects of games. Lighten up people, different strokes for different folks.

Guest av84fun

My thanks too Daniel. I've only made a couple of demo flights but this seems like a really outstanding program. I have much yet to learn but my intial impression is that, in many ways, it acts as a substitute for joing a Virtual Airline.The process of creating a MISSION instead of just boring holes in the sky and having the pilts's performance rated in the process of building a "career" are fun and useful features.The program does seem more oriented to the big iron drivers than those of use who prefer smaller GA aircraft but there is a place in your program for all kinds of aircraft.I do agree that as you refine the program over time, more co-pilot inter-activity would be an excellent feature to add.Congratulations on introducing such a fine add-on.Regards,Jim

Guest dansteph

if you look in the voice pack folder you'll see that there is already gear up and flap announcment... FsP will improve over time.Dan

Guest saluki57

FS Hotseat had screaming pax when it came out a long time ago, and I don't remember anyone flipping out about it (although I did find it annoying in turbulence and disabled it). I have played with the FSPax demo on a couple of flights and thought it was fun. For various reasons I don't use FS Hotseat anymore, and this might be a nice addition. These days, it seems nearly every product wants to add to the sense of immersion. LAGO's much-maligned (and now apparently orphaned) Maddog is actually a very nice airplane with the latest patch and Jet City models with the new merge. One of the nice things about it is the sound: boarding music, and flight attendant announcements. We've seen this before in higher end payware, since at least DreamFleet's 737. Aerosoft's FlightKeeper has sound profiles, now. Of course there's the old Flight Deck Companion and FS Hotseat.FlightKeeper and FS Hotseat also rate your performance as a pilot. FS Hotseat also made every flight something of an adventure, in that you were expected to follow procedures, stay on schedule, share the workload with your copilot, and keep the passengers satisfied. FSCrew is another example of a program that gives you a crew to interact with and step-by-step procedures to follow.FS Passengers seems to be most like FS Hotseat in intent: providing a sense of working in the real world of aviation, rating your flights and keeping track of your performance over time. It adds a lot more, though, apparently, in terms of failure options, and no doubt the "fly into the danger zone" thing would be fun once in awhile. The economic mode and career mode is something we haven't seen much of before, although there's the Flight 1 product that does the career thing. All in all, FSPax looks "deep" in terms of options, and if people start taking advantage of the touted open construction of the program, we could see all sorts of cool additions. Right now the announcements can be a little rudimentary ("We're serving sandwiches now").I guess people are just going to have to figure out what FSPax adds that we are still missing after all the other efforts, both large and small, to add to the immersion factor. Screaming passengers is the least of it.

Guest byoung

Tried it, but the price is pretty steep.I'll wait awhile and see how others are using it. I am also researching FS2Crew for the ATR.Barry

Guest Tim13

"EDIT: Trev Morson once suggested that for FS to be made really immersive, it ought to shut down for a week at least if ever you crashed an aircraft. Impractical and unpopular that would be, for sure, but I think it's an interesting idea. That would certainly focus the mind on what our sim is really all about ..."Correction. That is what your sim is all about. We all fly FS for varied reasons, and fortunately the game is flexible enough to satisfy just about everyone that regularly uses it.Tim13

>Just took a look at the FSPassengers web site.... it seemed>like a pretty cool idea, until I got to the part about the>passenger report after a crash.>Now I know everyone wants it as "real" as can be, but am I the>only one who thinks the casualty figures are kinda in bad>taste??>Just wondering.>>John White>Newburgh, INNot at all .... You hear about casualty figures daily, some form or another ... you must have an awful taste in your mouth :-)Vern

>>EDIT: Trev Morson once suggested that for FS to be made really>immersive, it ought to shut down for a week at least if ever>you crashed an aircraft. Impractical and unpopular that would>be, for sure, but I think it's an interesting idea. That>would certainly focus the mind on what our sim is really all>about ...>>Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontI like the idea of FS shutting down if you crash ... NTSB is doing its investigation during this time ..... :-)Vern

>We have enough software out there that lists realistic gore>and body counts as part of the appeal.>>Maybe if their casualty list included pictures of all the>children, sisters and husbands who perished, if could then>be>"as real as it gets.">How about crying relatives and grief stricken strangers???>>But, everyone is right. I dont have to buy it.>Better yet, just make sure I never crash, eh???Then FS would be a grief simulator ....