Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Bad performance all of a sudden

Hey guys, 

So yesterday i decided to copy my cfg file settings onto notepad. Then just delete the cfg cause i thought it would be good just to make a new one then i would add in all the tweaks again. 

I have no clue why i wanted to delete the cfg cause i had things running so smooth. It was running smooth, looked amazing ect 

Once i deleted the CFG, entered in all the same settings. The sim is no where as smooth as it used to be. I cant seem to get past 25fps in the NGX sitting at default airports. When before i decided to delete the CFG i was getting smooth fps at addon airports like FSDreamteam with the ngx ect 

The only thing i have done was updated NVidea drivers up to 352.86, but the first thing i did was straight away tried going back to my original driver which i had which was 347.52 which didnt help. 

I have an I5 4670K 4.4ghz, 8gb ram and a GTX 770. Any ideas on what may of happened?? 

Delete it again and start entering your settings one at a time , watch for typos...

Jorge

Sounds like a good idea. 

Will do that now cheeers

Okay problem solved!

I decided to look in my BIOS, just to see that maybe my overclock values may have changed. And sure enough they had. 

They had reset itself ( dont ask me how ) back to its stock default values of the 3.4ghz. I then put it back up to 4.4ghz and now perfomance is fantastic again. 

Cheers all 

Reset by safety feature of BIOS perhaps?

Watch out or your system may not stay stable if your system isn't happy with the degree of overclocking 3.4 to 4.4 is a lot BTW.

I've had to step mine down a fair notch because of instability that just appeared outta nowhere i.e. after many many moths of no issues. (3.2 to 3.8 in my case).

Just saying keep an eye on that.

Reset by safety feature of BIOS perhaps?

Watch out or your system may not stay stable if your system isn't happy with the degree of overclocking 3.4 to 4.4 is a lot BTW.

I've had to step mine down a fair notch because of instability that just appeared outta nowhere i.e. after many many moths of no issues. (3.2 to 3.8 in my case).

Just saying keep an eye on that.

Thanks for the heads up! 

Perhaps i should notch it down. When you say instability, what signs did you have when this occured??

Don't worry 35% OC is not too much.
I oc my 3.3Go up to 4.8 without any problem.
Just have a look on your cores temperatures, and on the chipset also.

Perhaps i should notch it down. When you say instability, what signs did you have when this occured??

bluescreens or graphical bugs or reboot

if you have some troubles, just increase the core voltage according to core temperatures.