Sign in to follow this  
sage

Mindstar's GPS 430/530, displays and controls for the A2A Cherokee 180 are not working properly..

Problems with Mindstar's GPS 430/530, displays and controls for the A2A Cherokee 180.

Problems

Display:  Frequencies and words overlap each other vertically and horizontally on the GPS screen.

Controls:  a) The small right knob does not work to change the Page within each of the four Groups.          Pushing the center knob does activate the cursor, but unable to enter a destination airport      after pressing , whether using either the small knob or keyboard.

b). The Large right knob works and changes the group (Nav, Wpt, Aux, Nrst), but only in a                                        forward direction.  I cannot go back; it will stay on Nrst group.  The Groups are                                                         compressed on the screen (overlapping).

c) When I reduce the throttle rpm to idle (600 rpm) the GPS screen turns black as if it were                                         turned off and reappears above idle speed.  This is a minor point.

•  I tried stretching the GPS window vertically and horizontally, this did not change the overlapping           words and numbers on the screen.

•  MS FSX was activated with "Run As Administrator" and without—no change.

•  Although I've used MS FSX for almost two years, I'm new to your forum terminology.  I've read              everything pertaining to the 430/530 none of which appears applicable to my problems.  If I need to         change any cfg files, I will need specifics (I have never modified a file before).  I have no issues with                  A2A Cherokee 180, everything interfaces correctly with my Saitek hardware.

•  MS FSX settings are basically at default level, however Filtering is set to Anisotropic. 

Resolution:  1920 x 1080 x 32

•  I'm familiar with both GPSs; they are in the airplanes I fly.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick (sage)

RIG

CPU:  i7-4790

GPU:  EVGA TITAN X

PSU:  1050 watts

RAM:  32 gbts

Simulator:  MS FSX

Flight Controls:  Saitek (10 flight instruments, yoke, rudders, twin-engine throttle quadrant, switch panel, two Nav/Com, autopilot, three 27" monitors, speakers

First... go into Control Panel/Display and ensure that the 'Smaller - 100% (default)' selection is the one active. Increasing font size in Windows increases all font sizing in GDI/GDI+ without exception.

Regarding using the knobs... go to http://www.mindstaraviation.com/G1000_Selection.html and scroll down to Preferred Method - Mouse Wheel and right below that you will see two images... one for the mouse wheel behavior and the other for mouse click behavior. While this page is for our G1000, the mouse interface should be the same.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69