Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Measuring VAS in Win10

From the progressive people who're testing Windows 10, I bet there must be some who test every corner of the system, to be sure everything is to their liking. Is there anyone who knows how I can measure VAS use in Windows 10?

I tried process explorer, but everything seems to have an extremely high VAS use and panning around increases VAS with 200-300MB. Looking at what other programs use and seeing that almost all use the exact same amount of well over 2GB, makes me doubt the accuracy of Process explorer...

I also tried FSUIPC, but this measures extremely low VAS use and with loading new aircraft, or moving to another airport, VAS use only decreases by a lot. After a few moves from airport to airport I had no more than 200MB VAS in use, but P3D OOMed.

Cheers!

Maarten

I also tried FSUIPC, but this measures extremely low VAS use and with loading new aircraft, or moving to another airport, VAS use only decreases by a lot. After a few moves from airport to airport I had no more than 200MB VAS in use, but P3D OOMed.

FSUIPC is working fine.  You're reading it backward!  :)

FSUIPC reports how much VAS you have left.  The lower the number, the more VAS you're using.  Once you get to 250MB, you'll start hearing the OOM ping FSUIPC sends out.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Ah ok, that I didnt know. I'm used to Process Explorer, this was the first time I actually used FSUIPC for that.

Thanks for clearing that up, Devin. :)

Cheers!

Maarten