Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Using FSX ( SE ) in the low settings...

I've been using FSX:SE mostly as a visuals generator, and not for the sim itself. I actually still have a single add-on aircraft aircraft in my FSX instal ( PMDG 777 200 and 300 ), but I do not plan to install anything else...

The use I give to FSX for the visuals, with the cockpit view without instruments ( full screen view ) gives me good FPS, but since I am running FSX:SE and my base sim on the same rig, and it's not a modern one, and I really want my ride to be the smoothest possible, I installed ORBX FTX Global, am in DX9 mode and set autogen and scenery complexity to their lowest value ( full left ), unless I have already landed and am taxiing across the airport to the gate ( something I almost never spend time in anyway... ).

What I noticed is that, even with no AUTOGEN ( set to minimal I still get a tower object at the airports :-) ) ORBX Global still does a great job, creating in the cities some kind of texture that reminds me of photo scenery, and is usually well adapted to the zones I fly through....

Question is... Would ORBX Vector Global add any further detail to the scenery, without being heavy on the frames ?  What would I get additionaly ( with autogen and scenery complexity set to their minima ) ?

Thx guys

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!