Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

Stutters after BSOD v2.5

So let me preface this by saying this is my fault, I have my i7-860 overclocked to 4.1ghz air cooled and I completely disregard any care for the longevity of the proc as I've gotten 4 great years out of this CPU so I just pumped as much voltage (1.3875 vcore) into the thing as possible to keep it stable even though temps at load get over 90c after a couple hours of p95. 

anyhow...

I was doing my first longhaul in P3D in the awesome Aerosoft A318 Elite from KBOS to LEPA (Palma de Mallorca) and 6 hours into the flight I got a BSOD from probably not bumping my PLL voltage enough. Everything in P3D was running perfectly beforehand but after the BSOD I had noticable stutters when restarting the same flight, the stutters occur every second or so and you can see everything drag for a moment then clear up for a second then drag again.

Vsync is on and my limiter is set to 32, fiber frame time fraction is set to .07

Any thoughts on a solution besides a complete reinstall? Thanks guys..

Have you checked to see that your overclock is still in place?  Make sure the system hasn't reverted to default settings.  I'm sure there's more to look at, but hope that gives you a start.

Yes it is because I went back in and upped the voltages a notch to avoid more BSODs so yes I'm at 4.1 stable now

I'd delete the shaders folder and the p3d.cfg file for starters. See if that helps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors