Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

Hydraulic System Failure or Light Bulb?

On KIAD-KTPA flight climbing thru 17000 feet the Master Caution lights up. I go to overhead panel and both OVERHEAT and LOW PRESSURE are amber/orange above SYSTEM A ELEC 2 and SYSTEM B ELEC 1. I checked the HYD P and HYD Q on side by side engine display. They all looked within the correct parameters. Q is 75% on SYSTEM A. but I believe it is SYSTEM B that requires the Q to be above 76%. I searched the QRF pdf (which was anything but quick – maybe a manual would quicker) about what steps to take. This whole sequence of events took maybe 3-4 minutes. Nothing bad had happen in four minutes, so I figured a light bulb was probably acting up. I decided to continue the flight.  Landed normally after the two hour fight to Tampa.  No failures were activated. Could a false alert be caused by a faulty light bulb?

Did you center landing gear lever after takeoff? (Pure guess if it's really aircraft related)

I also read about this issue when you load a non default panel state orsaved flight - any of this happened?

Did you center landing gear lever after takeoff? (Pure guess if it's really aircraft related)

Gear lever in center.

non default panel state orsaved flight - any of this happened?

Used NGX default panel. No saved flight loaded

Do you recall amount of fuel in tanks?

About 16000 lbs. when the caution light came on.

I'm clueless than because small amount of fuel can cause lack of heat dissipation and as a result overheat in hydraulics but it's not the case here... if no failures were activated in fms than I guess it's a bug.. I don't think bulbs can fail

The thing is you have lights on when they shouldn't be. A bulb failure would cause the lights not to illuminate and it wouldn't trigger a master caution. It could be a relay or switch failure which could falsely put a light on and also trigger the master caution. But as you have four lights on together it's probably a glitch in your sim, possibly panel state related. Especially as you have no failures showing up as active. Even default panel states can become corrupted. Have you tried using a different panel state?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I just completed the same flight,. Everything was exactly the same except for the weather. No master caution and no lights on the overhead panel. HYD P and HYD Q% were the same as the previous flight. Same NGX default panel state used. Like Kevin said it was probably just a glitch.