Sign in to follow this  
Kipendale

Airline Callsigns

I seem to have fouled up the Excel file 'C4' in the Data folder somehow. Whenever I choose an airline in the Plane Data droplist it gives me the previous Callsign. I've tried to post an image but for some reason this website gets stuck. Anyway hope I can verbalize it.  The C4 file shows two particular airlines that I use have become duplicated and the list is misaligned. It's not too big an issue since all I have to do is choose the previous airline and RC4 calls the right one, but it's not the way it's supposed to be. Any help?

Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, never use EXCEL, database or other spreadsheet applications. You need to edit the .csv file with a text editor only exactly preserving the format for spacing, comma placement, and the end of line.

I suspect you have an extra comma, space, or end of line. Compare to lines before and after your entries.

First, before you make any more changes, in your main rcv4 folder make a safe copy of keyboard.dat and rcv3.dat and place those in a folder outside of RC. If RC reads a corrupt file frequently generating an error 62 or other, those two dat files can get hosed and without a backup of the .dat files will require an RC reinstall. Before editing any RC files manually, also place a safe copy in that backup folder should you need to put it back after your editing causes a problem.

Okay thanks.  I didn't know about not using Excel.  I wouldn't have ever gone into it except that things were a bit messed up in the drop down list. It lets you type callsigns in and I think that's where it went out of sync. I'll try your suggestion.

I think using Notepad has solved the problem.  There was an extra space second line from the top, and some callsigns were duplicates.  I guess RC saves new callsign entries like flight numbers.

Thanks for the help!