Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rafikihd

PA A319 Issues

Hello Guys, Well turns out Im having a bit of a trouble right here with my PA A319.

First of all Im using it with the PSS Panel (Not a complete merge, but only copy & paste of the panel.cfg) and for example when im taxiing even though im taxiing with throttle at the idle position the aircraft taxies at around 9 or 10 kt.

And when Im flying the aircraft manually the airplane reacts really sensitive.

Im pretty sure its something to do with the Aircraft.cfg file but honestly I dont know that much about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys, Regards

SIM: P3DV4.5 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

You´re lucky you only get 9-10kt with the default PA aircraft.cfg. What you need to do is change the thrust scalar to 1.00, instead of the 1.20 that appears there.

Regarding reaction, make sure you have an usable dead zone in both your aileron and elevator axis. Remember: you´re flying an Airbus, the joystick is expected to return to center always.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

My rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.8-4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050, 256 GB M.2 SSD+256 GB 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage, Windows 10 Home)

Saitek X-52 as primary controller. Xbox 360 wired and eDimensional G-Pad Pro wired controllers as standby/travel.

Running FSX-SE as my primary sim, finally, 13 years after FSX's release. Also running FS9 and XP11 Vulkan. What do I do with 3 sims now?

Hey Luis Miguel,

Thanks for your answer, well it turns out that I've already tried doing your advice and it actually worked.

Now the thing is the sensivity of the aircraft, as far as I know the dead zones are selected by default whenever you connect any device right? So im pretty sure they already have a dead zone.

Best Regards,

Rafa

SIM: P3DV4.5 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Well, glad it worked, Rafa :smile:

Now, judging from your reply, I dare to say you've never adjusted dead zones and sensitivities in Options>Controls>Sensitivities. There are 3 things to do:

1) Make sure sensitivity is up to 100% for each axis.

2) Make sure dead zone (for Airbus) is up to 5-10%, give or take. This is absolutely required for flying Airbus aircraft (except maybe the A310)

3) Make sure that, in your fs9.cfg file, under the [controls] header, there is a line that says

stick_sensitivity_mode=0

Now that I'm thinking about this, do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? It will make your life easier, and you can adjust your dead zone there and check in real time.

Best regards,

My rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.8-4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050, 256 GB M.2 SSD+256 GB 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage, Windows 10 Home)

Saitek X-52 as primary controller. Xbox 360 wired and eDimensional G-Pad Pro wired controllers as standby/travel.

Running FSX-SE as my primary sim, finally, 13 years after FSX's release. Also running FS9 and XP11 Vulkan. What do I do with 3 sims now?

Hi Luis Miguel,

I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC the thing is that Im not quite familiarised with the program so I honestly havent been messing around with it. Now I´ve checked my fs9.cfg and there´s no line under the [Controls] header saying: 

stick_sensitivity_mode=0

Should I add it? or as soon as I adjust my dead zones it automatically appears next time I open fs9.cfg?

Yes, you should add the line.

Best regards,

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,590.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now