Thumbs up for the PFC Throttle Quardant console!  I fly a variety of aircraft (mostly general aviation types), and purchased four of the interchangeable throttles to go with it (including the push-pull Cessna style TPM set).  Works great, and also gives you gear and flap switches (which work best when programmed through FSUIPC).  I used to own one of their older desktop consoles, and was very happy with the way the yoke in it performed.  Their newer yokes are even better, with improved bearings, etc.  I will be ordering one of the Beech yokes soon, and will go with hall sensors instead of potentiometers (higher resolution and longer life).  I have always ordered direct from PFC without any problems, since I live here in the US.

Regarding rudder pedals, I used to have a set of the PFC Cirrus pedals and agree that the to brake springs are WAY too strong.  I am currently using a set of CH Pro Pedals, but am looking at upgrading to a set of pedals from Flight Link (Rudder Control Module).  Not cheap, but based on past experience with their products, should be very well made.  They have 6 inches of travel, plus hydraulic damping for feel.

Cheers,

Gerald

Gerald,

Interesting that you also agree about the spring tension being too strong on the toe brakes.  I called PFC about this and they couldn't offer any remedy.  I just sorta gave up and bought a set of Saitek Combat Pedals.  I used them for a while and I really didn't like them at all.  I traded them for a set of Saitek Cessna Pedals and I'm really happy with them.  The feel much more realistic than the combat version, especially the toe brakes.

I just took a look at the Flight Line RCM you mentioned.  They look awesome, but you're right, they ain't cheap!  A bit out of budget at the moment, but, maybe in the future.  If you end up up buying them I hope you could post your impressions, as I've not seen any reviews of these anywhere.

Also, a question about the PFC TPM module.  From the pics on the PFC website, it looks like the TPM module has to be screwed in to the quadrant using some phillips screws, not the 2 large thumbscrews normally used.  Is that the case, and if so, is it very inconvenient to swap out quadrants?

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Jay,

You are correct about the screws for the TPM module.  That's because the TPM has it's own potentiometer setup - you have to remove not only the outside lever-style quadrant, but also the six pushrod/potentiometer setup that the lever-style quadrants use.  It sounds worse than it is.  Still only takes a couple of minutes to swap from a lever style quadrant to the TPM module (one plug and four screws).  I have not found it to be that inconvenient, and the ability to use both styles of quadrants is still a big plus for this unit.  Once I install the TPM unit, I tend to stick with that for a while before switching back.

Once I try out the Flight Link RCM unit, I'll post a mini-review in the forums.

Gerald

Gerald,

Excellent info, thanks.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display