Hi, my name is Seb, and I only joined this forum last week.

I have been flight simming for over 15 years, and my sim of choice is FSX, and I mostly fly PMDG 737,777,747-400 and the Level D 767-300, using the CH yoke and pedals, which are ok, but not great.

Presently, I am looking to upgrade to a high end metal yoke and throtlle quadrant that will last me a long time, but most importantly give me a more a precise, realistic feel. I have been reading some of the reviews on both GoFlight and PFC, and have read a lot of mixed reviews which has left me a bit confused. When you are spending big money on your flight sim hardware, you want make sure that you are buying quality and not rubbish, to be fair CH has served me well for the last 10 years, but I want move up the next level.

So which should I go for, the GoFlight yoke and throttle quadrant?, or the PFC cirrus saab yoke (the PFC system I am considering is in the Youtube video below)?

Seb I have the Goflight Yoke and did a review on it heres the link 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If you "fly" mostly jets as I do, a combination of PFC Jet Pro yoke, PFC jet Pro pedals, GoFlight throttle quadrant and avionics, and last but not least one of the most essential items for me today is the Track IR 5 set (no need for a hat switch!!!). With that your enjoyment will be complete.

Good luck with your choice.

May I ask which country you are from?, and was this delay to do with ordering PFC gear?, or more the shipping side of things?

I'm from the UK, and the delay was...is due to the ordering of the gear. It shouldn't take that long when it actually ships.

Thank you Jay, may I ask do you mainly fly heavy jets ie. Boeing 737,777 etc in your flight sim?, and if so does the PFC yoke and throttle quadrant give a more realistic feel?

Also, I believe there is no hat switch with the PFC yoke?, if this is the case, how do you adjust the views when in virtual cockpit mode?

Ok, so when I first purchased the PFC gear I was into the NGX, then later the 777.  I purchased the NG jet quadrant: https://www.flypfc.com/?/products/throttle-quadrants/two-engine-jet-enhanced-speed-brake-throttle-reversers-throttle-flap-with-g/ along with the throttle console and it worked perfectly.  The smoothness and precision adds immeasurably to the experience, especially the yoke.  It's like buttah!

More recently I've been flying GA, using A2A and RealAir birds, the 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche and Lancair Lagacy.  Been having a blast with these.  Hardware works beautifully with these as well.

As to the lack of a hat switch, I was concerned too, just as you are.  I had been using a CH yoke (with hat switch) for so long that I didn't know how I would get used to not having one.  Well, the answer is: TrackIR.  With TrackIR you really have no need whatsoever for a hat switch.  It may take some time getting used to, but when you do you simply won't ever fly without it again.

(I know, I know, this is getting expensive :Worried: )

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Have a look at Elite products. They are made in Switzerland. I've had the pro panel, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, and avionics stack for over 6 years. Never had a glitch of any sort except "operator" errors. They provide software for FSX, so there's no guesswork. I also have a PFC 430 GPS unit that too operates flawlessly.

Ok, so when I first purchased the PFC gear I was into the NGX, then later the 777.  I purchased the NG jet quadrant: https://www.flypfc.com/?/products/throttle-quadrants/two-engine-jet-enhanced-speed-brake-throttle-reversers-throttle-flap-with-g/ along with the throttle console and it worked perfectly.  The smoothness and precision adds immeasurably to the experience, especially the yoke.  It's like buttah!

More recently I've been flying GA, using A2A and RealAir birds, the 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche and Lancair Lagacy.  Been having a blast with these.  Hardware works beautifully with these as well.

As to the lack of a hat switch, I was concerned too, just as you are.  I had been using a CH yoke (with hat switch) for so long that I didn't know how I would get used to not having one.  Well, the answer is: TrackIR.  With TrackIR you really have no need whatsoever for a hat switch.  It may take some time getting used to, but when you do you simply won't ever fly without it again.

(I know, I know, this is getting expensive :Worried: )

Jay

I am sorry bother you again Jay, but with your PFC yoke, did you get the optional hall effects sensors (they are a $150 option), and if so, are they worth paying the extra $150 for?

I did get the hall effects sensors.  I felt it would be worth it in the long run because I've experienced traditional pots crapping out over time.  I've been 100% satisfied with the performance of the yoke.  It is smooth as glass in every way.  It just feels different (in every good way!) than the CH yoke I had been using for years, and also the Saitek yoke that I tried out.

It's no bother at all to help you in making a very expensive decision, one that you will have to live with for a long, long time.  Any more questions, fire away!

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I have the Goflight TH6Q 737NG throttle and I love it. Got it used from the AVSIM marketplace and the quality is great. I still use a Saitek yoke but am looking to replace that by years end. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Throttle wise, i love the Thrustmaster Wharthog, feels very solid and professional, i only wish they did Yokes.

Ian R Tyldesley

I´m also waiting for my PFC Cirrus Saab yoke from Simtech Design............

Did you get your finally get your yoke?

Sorry for my late reply, catonthemat.

I am still waiting for a reply and action from Simtech Design as they gave me a great offer which was more than

expected. No yoke yet, but promise that it will be shipped later and waiting for their action.

Goran Arvnell

Thumbs up for the PFC Throttle Quardant console!  I fly a variety of aircraft (mostly general aviation types), and purchased four of the interchangeable throttles to go with it (including the push-pull Cessna style TPM set).  Works great, and also gives you gear and flap switches (which work best when programmed through FSUIPC).  I used to own one of their older desktop consoles, and was very happy with the way the yoke in it performed.  Their newer yokes are even better, with improved bearings, etc.  I will be ordering one of the Beech yokes soon, and will go with hall sensors instead of potentiometers (higher resolution and longer life).  I have always ordered direct from PFC without any problems, since I live here in the US.

Regarding rudder pedals, I used to have a set of the PFC Cirrus pedals and agree that the to brake springs are WAY too strong.  I am currently using a set of CH Pro Pedals, but am looking at upgrading to a set of pedals from Flight Link (Rudder Control Module).  Not cheap, but based on past experience with their products, should be very well made.  They have 6 inches of travel, plus hydraulic damping for feel.

Cheers,

Gerald

Thumbs up for the PFC Throttle Quardant console!  I fly a variety of aircraft (mostly general aviation types), and purchased four of the interchangeable throttles to go with it (including the push-pull Cessna style TPM set).  Works great, and also gives you gear and flap switches (which work best when programmed through FSUIPC).  I used to own one of their older desktop consoles, and was very happy with the way the yoke in it performed.  Their newer yokes are even better, with improved bearings, etc.  I will be ordering one of the Beech yokes soon, and will go with hall sensors instead of potentiometers (higher resolution and longer life).  I have always ordered direct from PFC without any problems, since I live here in the US.

Regarding rudder pedals, I used to have a set of the PFC Cirrus pedals and agree that the to brake springs are WAY too strong.  I am currently using a set of CH Pro Pedals, but am looking at upgrading to a set of pedals from Flight Link (Rudder Control Module).  Not cheap, but based on past experience with their products, should be very well made.  They have 6 inches of travel, plus hydraulic damping for feel.

Cheers,

Gerald

If you want to save a little cash you could upgrade to the Saitek Combat pedals. They have metal foot plates and adjustable tension. They feel like the real thing to me.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Are GoFlight and PFC the only options for yoke upgrades?  Is there anything between Saitek/CH and the aforementioned products?   

Matt King

Sorry for my late reply, catonthemat.

I am still waiting for a reply and action from Simtech Design as they gave me a great offer which was more than

expected. No yoke yet, but promise that it will be shipped later and waiting for their action.

If your great offer was the same as mine...well I wish you the best in them actually delivering it.

I may be cynical, but I got a refund on mine about a month ago, and as I haven't heard a peep since from them, have given up on expecting anything and have enquired about ordering one directly from PFC in the US.Still waiting to hear back from them about whether they can work something out over the shipping costs.

In another couple of days it will be 7 months since I ordered, and it looks like I'm back at square one!!!