Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Win10 and the Flight1 Wrapper (Not Functioning)

Well, this is an interesting development.

Dropped Windows 10 onto my test box to start playing around and getting more familiar with her prior to her official release, and I slapped in my FSX:SE install real quick to see how the simulator would work. So far, so good. One of my pending questions was whether or not the Level-D 767 would function under FSX and Win10 (it does not function under Windows 8, so I was curious). I fired up the Flight1 wrapper, and.... nothing. nada. zilch. No installation windows, nothing popping up.

Opening up the task manager, the "Flight1 Purchasing Module" has started and is pulling about 12%-14% CPU time, but no windows and no activity. If the wrapper is run again, another instance of this process starts with the same result.  I've attempted the Pilatus PC-12 wrapper, the ATR wrapper, the Cirrus SR-22 wrapper, and no joy. Nothing.

I've disabled all antivirus tools, turned off the firewall, disabled UAC entirely, "Run as Administrator", applied each compatibility mode (for Win7, XP, even down to Win95). In the case of the LevelD 767, I've re-downloaded the wrapper/install file and the same result occurs.  It seems these two technologies (the F1 Wrapper and Win10) are not good bedfellows right now.

Are any of you Windows 10 testers successfully running a Flight1 wrapped addon? If so, did you need to take any steps to make it work, or did it "just work"?

Thanks,

-Greg

Hi Greg

Not sure if EZDOK qualifies  but I did unwrap it in W10, first via Build 10166 and just the other day on 10240, Now installed fine and running well :-)

Only one I have for Flight 1.

Hope this helps in some way

Regards

Perhaps the older wrappers have some issues - I tested with Instant Scenery 3, and it's Flight1 Wrapper worked OK. (*didn't actually install the program, but I did get the wrapper to run and open).

It would appear that older wrapped programs may need to have the wrapper updated to a more current version.

Of course, most of these addons aren't officially supported in Windows 8, nevermind 10... but one would hope that for the sake of these legacy products that the current downloadable versions would be maintained with the most current wrapper... Maybe they'll get updated down the line.

(shrug)

-Greg

Oops…sounds like my "free Win10 upgrade" is going to have to wait a few months, until I can be confident it doesn't mean waving goodbye to lots of my add-ons!

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Doing more research:

I was successful in getting the Instant Scenery 3 wrapper to launch under Win10. The wrapper version is 3.20

I took a look on my Win7 machine, and unfortunately the Level-D 767 and Pilatus PC-12 are also wrapped with version 3.20, but they don't launch (*as noted in my first post).

We'll see, I guess.