Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

The secret to Logo lights on at the gate

Hi All,

This question is about UT2 in FSX or any AI program.

I have added some additional aircraft and schedules from WOAI through PowerPack but these aircraft don't turn on their cabin and logo lights when sitting at the gate only when taxiing and flying.

I have searched high and low over the forums for answers but most folks talk about night textures missing or the alpha channel not activate in FSX coz its an FS9 aircraft etc etc however this is not my problem as I do get night logo lights and cabin lights when the airplane is moving, just not when they sit at the gate sleeping like all the UT2 aircraft.

My downloaded WOAI aircraft texture folders appear identical to UT2 aircraft (ie AIA aircraft) however UT2 seems to know the secret as to how to keep the logo lights on when the airplane is sleeping at the gate. The only difference I see in the UT2 AI aircraft folder is the MDL file which has been modified by UT2 from the original. (example Aardvark Aircraft) Could this be the SECRET inside the MDL file. :unsure:

An example of this is if I download an aircraft from WOAI and install the aircraft and schedule directly into UT2 via PowerPack I will not get parked logo lights, however if I simply copy and past the downloaded aircraft textures to the same aircraft already there in UT2 and add an entry to the CFG file for it to show up in the sim all works as it should and logo lights stay on at the gate. This is fine if UT2 already has an airplane in its folder from the same airplane developer I'm downloading from.

I'm guessing the UT2 devs must have modified something from the original aircraft to have the logos showing at the gate which is a massive bonus for night operations and one of the reasons why I use this wonderful product. Pity there are no updates for new airline textures.

Hoping for a solution

IM

The secret is FS9 and FSX handle night textures differently. WOAI uses FS9 aircraft and you need aircraft designed for FSX that have custom night textures for each specific repaint.

Thanks but..

How do some AI traffic developers manage to have their aircraft night logos turn on 15 mins before departure and yet others only come on when it is actual departure time (push back) and UT2 can have their logos stay on all the time.

thanks

IM