Sign in to follow this  
govindsr180

purchased fs2crew; doubts about version

hey guys,

I purchased fs2crew button control version for ifly and have some doubts regarding which version is the current one for button control? I purchased this product from flightsimstore, and in the user manual, it is written as version 1.6, but may i please know what is the version given with fligthsimstore download? and where can i find the updates if any to button control version for ifly?

Also i have some doubts wrt this product.

1. Rather than FO doing all the test checks and other things on overhead panel, i would like to carry out all that. So by not choosing run PF in cfg of fs2crew, this would be enabled right?

2. Does fs2crew provides rotate and V2 callous also on take off run in ifly?

3. In order to start the departure brief, what is the option i should choose? Also the tutorial that comes with this is not detailed and difficult to understand. How do i start a checklist in a given item? And also, once checklist is being initiated and FO calls the item, for eg engine generators ON, when i set this to ON, would he automatically go to next item in checklist? is this how fs2crew is modelled? Like, FO calls an item, i follow it and set as per he said and then he will move on to the next item.

If only the tutorial was a bit detailed and less confusing, i would not have had these doubts.

thanking you

govind

Hi, 

1. Correct.

2. Rotate only.  We've never seen a 737 airline that calls V2.  Boeing certainly doesn't do it.

3. If you want to listen to the full departure brief, open the Brief panel and press play brief.  Since you're using button control, just press the Main Button.

Certain items are responded to by the FO, other's by the Capt (that's you).

Check the "Flows" manual.  It outlines what you would and when.

Button control is actually very easy.  Just keep the Main Panel open.  That way you can see what comes next when you press the Main or Secondary button.

Latest version is V2.3.

Please read this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/401789-17-january-fs2crew-ifly-version-23-released/

When you open the FS2Crew Main Panel, the version # will appear for a couple seconds.

thanks bryan for that immediate response. Still some things are not clear.

a. Good to know that it had rotate. rotate is most important accorsing to me.

b. Is there something that triggers the departure brief? Because when i played departure brief, it didnt play. It took some time and then later, it played repeatedly for 3 times after some time. I am not understanding the logic associated with fs2crew. There is no proper tutorial video also for button control to understand this. I am totally confused.

c. In my mind, what i do is, first i start ifly in cold dark state after which i go to overhead panel, switch on the battery, go to FMC , under menu, choose ground power and air and connect ground power from overhead. After this, i switch on the necessary lights and start with the preflight procedures(of overhead, aft overhead, aft elctrical, all the tests, irs aligning) followed by FMC set up. After all this is finished, i start fs2crew , power it up and click on cfg, and choose that T+30 (default ) value to T+15(is this step correct so that i can immediately start departure?). Now after this, how does fs2crew starts the checklist? How can i start the checklist? these things are still big confusion for me? could you plese give step by step in how to go on from  here. Without these explanations, i dont think i can use fs2crew well.

thanking you

govind

hey bryan..yesterday night, i once again flew ifly 737 with fs2 crew...and i am damn happy...i did a flight succesfully well with fs2 crew..i could play departure brief, arrival brief..everything is perfect. Thanks a lot for the help.  Button control is damn easy, just use the main panel button and there you go..it flows with the ch3ecklist so well...its like i have someone with me to fly..lol! its great..this made my mind to buy fs2crew for level D! Who wouldnt want it! :D

between i read in your manual that , video marhsaller should be done in windowed mode only? Suppose if i want to only put in the chokes and remove it , still would the fsx crash? Also does the options in ground marshaller such as chocks in, chocks out, ground power etc really bring the real animation to the aircraft(like would i be able to see the chokes under my wheels?, similarly ground power unit etc?)

thanking you

govind

Glad you got it sorted.

Yes, Button Control is very easy.  You basically just follow a linear path.

Video Marshaller... yes, windowed mode only.  FSX may become unstable if you try running the videos in full screen mode.  For animations, it would trigger any available animations that are built into the aircraft, namely, the same ones you would see, if any, if you triggered them manually.

see bryan.yet my question is unanswered...ifly doesnt provide wheel chocks or external ground power units as animation unlike other add on aircrafts(like aerosoft, qualitywings). So that what i am asking, in the options of wheel chocks and ground power connecting under video marshaller in fs2crew, does these animations come? does fs2crew provide these? If not , what is the use of having these options under video marshaller in fs2crew?

thanking you

govind