Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Flight through the Pyrenees - Pau-Pyrenees - San Sebastion

Flight through the Pyrenees - Pau-Pyrenees - San Sebastian

This tour features 6 airports (LFBP - LFBT - LEPP - LEPA - LEVT – LESO), and 12 waypoints.

The tour starts at Pau-Pyrenees  and proceeds to the first stop at Lourdes, then follows the waypoints in the plan through the stunning scenery of the mountains and valleys of the Pyrenees and into Spain.  The first stop in Spain is Pamplona (the former capital of Navarre), then the tour continues on to Logrono situated on the Ebro river where the famous rioja wine is produced.  The next stop on the tour is Vitorio-Gasteiz the capital of the Basque autonomous community and finally we fly through to the coast of the Bay of Biscay and on to our final destination of San Sebastion.

The route is approximately 260nm and for this tour (to get the full effect of the scenery) it is recommend that participants observe a ceiling height of 7000 ft.  While the ceiling is not absolutely mandatory, pilots should be prepared for witty commentary from fellow participating pilots should you bust your assigned altitude.

Recommended scenery:

- Orbx Global

- Orbx EU Landclass

- Orbx Vector or UTX for roads, rivers and coastlines

Flight Plan & Narrative

Date and time: Saturday 25th July, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

Don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer speadsheet! (linked here)

Posted on behalf of Roger Brooke

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Sounds good. I'm particularly looking forward to Lourdes, maybe I can get something done about my psoriasis! :rolleyes:

I've found a bit of scenery for Pau. Just a couple of .BGLs worth.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

A delightful trip over the Pyrenees to the Basque country. After a little difficulty passing through Lourdes, including some seemingly mystical events, we managed to fly the steep passes through the Pyrenees proper and make our way to the rugged, and beautiful countryside beyond.

PRY_Through_the_Pyrenees.jpg

The first interest was the twisting course through the Pyrenees. We all followed Roger through the cloudy valleys and partly obscured passes and, with a few moments of tension, managed to handle the challenge safely enough. Our stop at Pamplona led to a discussion of the city's annual exercise in Darwinian logic.

On the way, we learned a great deal from Roger about the Spanish government's Paradores, the highly desirable hotels, usually located in historic buildings such as a monastery or castle, that are scattered all over the nation. His trips through this region made our virtual flight come alive.

After we landed at Logroño, we enjoyed a brief respite. (The Lograño tapas bars are legendary. Those who complete the tour, with its delicious delicacies and home grown wines, are said to do the "elephant walk.") We then departed into the late afternoon sun for the higher lands on the way to Vitoria. The Kodak below shows our leader Roger outlined by the setting sun.

PRY_Roger_Setting_Sun.jpg

Finally, we turned eastward along the Spanish Green Coast. Here MM and Jeff fly over San Sebastian in the pink skies of dusk.

PRY_North_Coast_Jeff.jpg

At the end of the day, the crew managed to enjoy a brief after-flight chat. The photos show MM, Roger and Bert (in the Bonanza) and then Ron and Jeff in the brassy glow of the Spanish sunset.

PRY_Tarmac_Roger_and_Bert.jpg

PRY_Tarmac_Ron_and_Jeff.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Olé! B)

Once I'd fought off a horde of gremlins it settled down to a very nice flight. A bit of a scary moment when I suffered a broken elevator hinge (Note to self: Do a bloody walkround! :angry:) Landed it though. -_-

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

once again a lovely flight,  ( once ron had the blessing from the lady of Lourdes )  in  great company.

thanks fellas.

roger.