Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Looking for some upgrade advice

I'm currently running P3D and X-Plane. My desktop is an I7-2600K@ 4.6GHZ, EVGA GTX770 4 GB, and 8 GB ram. I'm really interested in what might help for P3D. I'm going to be retiring soon (fixed income and all) so I don't want to spend a boatload of money by upgrading the CPU and motherboard. Would I get more bang for my buck by going from the GTX770 to the GTX970, or might I see a better performance jump by putting P3D on a SSD drive. It's currently running on a 7200 rpm mechanical drive. Any help would be appreciated.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike. FSX is my sim of choice so I can't comment definitively on P3D or X-Plane, however I think both these sims, even more so than FSX would benefit more from the graphics card upgrade. You would definitely see vastly improved load times with an SSD, but for eye-candy and better FPS I reckon the GTX 770 would definitely be the superior of the two options. Hope this helps.