Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Some Win10 problems

I've got Windows 10 installed and mostly it works fine, but I'm having two very annoying issues that I cant seem to fix...

The first is the long loading of files before they open. A simple Notepad text file takes about 20-30 seconds to open and an installer takes 1-2 minutes to open. This is very nasty, since I've got loads of addons to install and it's seriously slowing me down.

The other problem is that when I want to move my mouse, or a window to my second monitor, it keeps getting stuck on the border between the two monitors. Every time I have to take a run-up with my mouse and 'smash' the window into the edge of the screen, to be able to move it to the other monitor.

I'm having the same problem with both my computers, so I assume it's a Windows 10 thing. Do others also have these problems and has anyone found a way to fix this?

Cheers!

Maarten

I've got Windows 10 installed and mostly it works fine, but I'm having two very annoying issues that I cant seem to fix...

The first is the long loading of files before they open. A simple Notepad text file takes about 20-30 seconds to open and an installer takes 1-2 minutes to open. This is very nasty, since I've got loads of addons to install and it's seriously slowing me down.

The other problem is that when I want to move my mouse, or a window to my second monitor, it keeps getting stuck on the border between the two monitors. Every time I have to take a run-up with my mouse and 'smash' the window into the edge of the screen, to be able to move it to the other monitor.

I'm having the same problem with both my computers, so I assume it's a Windows 10 thing. Do others also have these problems and has anyone found a way to fix this?

Regarding the long loading times, check th task manager section for "Average response time" for the disc.

For the multimonitor issue, that's by design. In W8 or W7, you couldn't snap a window to the side of your primary monitor in which the second monitor extends. It was very annoying! But this bug was fixed in W10. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but you'll see that it's actually quite helpful.

The average response time is about 750ms, so that isnt that much. Read Speed is close to 40MB/s and the disk 100% active. Maybe I'm reading the figures wrong, but it seems to me that it should go a lot faster.

I never had any problems with working with the windows in Win7. But if this is what it's supposed to be, then I know it doesnt point at some bug, or anything. Thanks for the info. :)

Cheers!

Maarten