Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Windows 10 and DX10 Preview in FSX

Just looking for confirmation: Once Windows 10 is installed, is it accepted as being necessary that DX10 Preview is checked in the Simulator? There are many reports of graphic issues if this is not done - e.g. the black box on the aircraft selection screen.

Thanks,

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I've been successfully been using DX 9 mode for 6 days now, so no.

Ah OK.... going to do the upgrade tonight. I have Steve's DX10 fixer and all but still prefer running in DX9 as some of my local scenery (which I use a lot) still has graphic glitches in DX10, even with the fixer.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday.  Have been reinstalling FSX today (that's another story), just done the basic install and Accelerator plus Steve's DX10 fixer.  I was running in DX10 previously (on Windows 8.1) because I use two monitors and both monitors only worked correctly in that mode.  In DX9 the images stretched across both monitors - distorted both images.  DX10 and Steve's fixer worked perfectly.  

All was working fine in DX10 except for the problems the fixer fixed - now the fixer is installed I get a fatal error when I click 'fly now'.

Has anyone got DX10 running OK in Windows 10?  Thanks

I have Vista64 and I'm going to change my OS version.

Could you confirm that FSX (SP2) works well on Windows 10 with DX10Fixer?

What about other addons like GSX, ORBX (ex. Global, VECTOR, OpenLC), ASN, FSFX, PMDG aircrafts, etc. - do you have experiences with them on Win10? (sorry for OT)

Lucas

Hi Guys,

New on the forum. I dont use the fixer but I have problems with DX10 FSX SE on win10. With no addons installed my system ( I7-4770k , 16GB (1600), AMD 7850 2GB, MSI GD-65 Mobo ) crash as soon I take off from EHAM and turn around to fly over EHAM.

Tweaks in CFG are bufferpool, highmemfix and Affintymask.

I installed DX9 on my machine, put FSX SE back on DX9 and the problems were gone. Currently installed PMDG-777, ASN and REX Soft clouds. Now saving some money for ORBX Global.