Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport 2015

Yes, an AI plane may be the culprit, although the crash should have happened also without EPWA scenery and with the freeware, as I tried to do my test at the same day and time. What about the static planes -

Ed, did you install EPWA with or without static planes?

Thanks,

Harald

I installed with static AI

Thanks Ed.

Meanwhile my sim crashed without static planes, too.

Over at DDs forum they discuss about trees files as culprits. I will now fly to Warsaw only at day and wait for the result of the discussion.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Sorry if this has already been answered (in which case I missed it as I scanned through), but are people having the crash who do not have Warsaw City Scenery installed as well? I thought that that was the issue. Maybe not.

I too had no problems with the freeware version, but (having just come back from 'real world' Krakow - and I think Drzewiecki Design had a sale on) I bought both EPKK and EPWA as well as Warsaw City Scenery to fly 'nostalgia' trips (I didn't actually visit Warsaw, but no matter!). Just updated to v.1.2 of EPWA: No crashes, but I only flew one flight. I need to try a few flights and see what happens.

Difficult to follow the posts over at the Drzewiecki forum if you don't speak Polish (laborious putting everything into Google Language Tools. I think Stanislaw over there is really frustrated, upset even, about this, people complaining and still unable to nail down the culprit as he is. Poor guy!

Hi Martin,

I had Warsaw city scenery before Warsaw airport and can only say that I never had crashes with Warsaw city only. Beside this, my "crash behaviour" is quite erratic. Several times I believed that I had found the problematic files because I had no crash, but the other day my sim crashed after a minute sitting at EPWA at the same simulated day and time and with the same configuration. As discussed in the DD forum, I tried deactivating all *tree* files and had no crash so far, but I tested only one time and decided then to wait for a solution by DD. After my impression, Stanislaw is quite helpless and by far not that arrogant as after his UUEE (landclass) disaster. I take it as a positive sign.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'll do a bit of testing at EPWA soon and post back any findings Harald..

Martin

Thanks Martin, I'm looking forward to your findings.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Well, I flew round and round the airport for about 45 minutes at 1000' in a Cessna, landed again, took off, toured Warsaw City - all in low, dark cloud and freezing sleet, courtesy of AS6.5: very realistic (both airport and weather!) - I had no crash or any problems at all. Maybe I was lucky this time.  I have certainly had crashes here in the past, but it's very unpredictable. The only thing I removed was the static aircraft bgl file ("High quality static aircraft" is always a contradiction in terms, IMHO), but I doubt that is significant.

Are you still having problems ? How often, and how soon after FS9 loads there, if so?

Martin,

after getting aware of the "Warsaw at night" problem I always placed my plane at Rwy 33 and set a certain date and time (May 4th, 23:33 PM). Then I just "slewed" around a little bit so that I had the terminal and the highrises of the city in one viewing axe. Mostly the crash occured after some minutes. I tried several measures (deactivating stub files for terminal interiour, deactivating static airplanes) but at least at the second attempt the crash always returned. My last attempt was to deactivate all files with "*trees" in their name, and after a first test the crash didn't re-occur. I haven't done a second test yet. I will fly to Warsaw in near future and will see what happens.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes, let me know., I don't fly at night very much as so many aircraft (not all, of course) and no small number of airports have pretty poor night lighting, and I can't see to well where I am taxiing! Besides, I prefer to watch the scenery outside :-)

Hi,

today I made a night flight from Kharkiv to Warsaw. I kept the "*trees*.bgl" files all deactivated and was able to finish the flight with some texture loading problems (discussed in DDs forums yet), but without crash. That included flying one of the curved STARs, final approach, taxiing to the gate and bringing the plane into cold and dark state.

160314%20Tu-134%20UKHH16_zpsnpxujrns.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

That's good, though as I say, I don't think that I have flown at night with this scenery - the crashes I was getting originally were during the day, but maybe they have been fixed in an update. I'll try at night with trees and all active and see what happens. Does the crash happen quite soon, or do you have to wait around for some time?

Quite erratic, sometimes the crash came after two, sometimes after ten minutes. However, the time wouldn't have been enough to approach, land and taxi.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I give up my struggle to understand what's going on here. Now the crash returned even without the *trees*.bgl files. Have no idea what happens here.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Until now: Yes.

P.S. I began to believe in such a simple thing as a faulty AI plane texture. But I frankly don't believe that so many simmers with this problem have exactly the same AI traffic.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg