Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Win 10 I tried

Well today I did the update.  Love Win 10 but FSX would not load right.  Slow loading time and then freezing before getting into a flight.  I did the recommended Nvidia driver, delete shader folder and cfg  tried different compatibility modes but no luck.  Back to Win 7 and everthing loads fast and back to normal.  Too bad I really wanted this work.  I guess my next step would be to do a clean install of Win 10 and fsx and the many addons I have (Orbx trees and global ftx PNW and Northern Rockies, ASN, Opus, dx10 fixer, pmdg 737, 777, q400, precptitfx and fs2crew for the addons).

Like I said I tried and will probably try again down the road if I read about someone who had the same issues and found a fix.

Better luck next time

Darcy,

Clean install did it for me, got serious problems when updated Win7 into Win10.

Lot of work reinstalling all of my addons though....

Mikael Leinonen

It took me a few hours to upgrade to windows 10, but I also had to go back to win 7. 

1) No driver support for GoFlight Modules.

2) Need a driver for my Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD. It should be here soon.

3) The first time I loaded FSX in dx9 mode, it loaded fine, but AA was missing from Inspector. It looked bad. After exiting FSX, and restarting, win 10 changed something regarding compatibility, and I lost the preview plane. When I tried to load FSX it was a mess graphically.

I reset my computer and I'm back to win 7. It's too bad because I wanted to test the gns 430/530 units and my F1 Mustang. 

I'll wait for drivers and a windows 10 guide. I'm sure that one will pop-up sooner or later.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.