Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

VoxATC ripping me off approach when handed to approach

I was wondering if there was a way to get Vox to STOP pulling me off the assigned approach from center and vectoring me instead?  If it is just going to vector me, why give the approach in the 1st place.  Later.

-Rick

If you press 0 in the menu you can request a full ILS approach to your assigned runway. Vox Atc will then ask you to report when your established on procedure and leave you to follow the approach on your own from there. Is that what you mean?

ZORAN

If it's an approach where you never want vectors (eg because of high surrounding terrain) then go to 'Flight Plan Extras' in your VOXATC folder and set 'No vectors to Approach'.

Petraeus

If it's an approach where you never want vectors (eg because of high surrounding terrain) then go to 'Flight Plan Extras' in your VOXATC folder and set 'No vectors to Approach'.

Will it still give you a STAR when no vectors is ticked?

ZORAN

Will it still give you a STAR when no vectors is ticked?

Yes, if there is a STAR from your last waypoint.

Petraeus

Great, I somehow overlooked that little feature. Thats going to help with some of the trickier approaches

ZORAN

Yes, I only re-remembered it recently. I got tired of pressing '0' in the menu, and then trying to get a word in edgeways while it kept issuing vector commands.

Petraeus