Hello!

I try to understand why the freewares that are around of Flight Simulator, as many exposes its source code, do not declare open source licenses. There are many scripts to run a same aircraft, and all the works, if were managed publicly in a version control system, Git repositories at GitHub, for example, it would be much better.

Perhaps the fact of we are using Microsoft's closed APIs is a disincentive to look for a suitable license model. But I'm sure you can find it.

There is the possibility of the Microsoft have interest in guide us about. Projects are already scattered around and she just needs to get more involved with them, taking the opportunity to make her open source marketing.

What is my purpose with this topic?

Do note that many individual development efforts exists and are being underused by the community. Failure to use licensing and of processes for efficient collaboration in coding are, in my view, the two main impediments. Sending codes in a forum is hugely disadvantageous if compared to having a open projects on GitHub.

Projects for which I have looked when thinking these observations: LINDA, FSUIPC, SPAD and some Lua scripts for the aircraft Jetstream 41.

Sorry my poor english. I speak portuguese natively.

Alexandre Magno

from Brazil