Sign in to follow this  
TenEightyOne

Update FMC Questions

Firstly, I've been lurking here some time and have found the answers to all my questions without fail. Except the following question... which makes me think that I'm simply doing something wrong that nobody else is :)

I've been working through Manual v1.5 and noticed a reference to "FSX PLN FILE FOR WX" on page 7/7 of FMC, PMDG SETUP>OPTIONS>SIMULATION. However, I only have 6 pages and don't have that option. I checked in PMDG Op Centre and have Version 1.10.6492 which the software tells me is up-to-date.

Is there something I need to do in the FMC to enable this option or do I need to run a new/different update?

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: I'm not running ASN, is that the issue?

FMC pictured on page 0.00.47 of PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.5.pdf:

FMC_1.png

The setup menu on my own version:

FMC_2.png

Is there something I need to do in the FMC to enable this option or do I need to run a new/different update?

You need the latest version of the 777. Go to your account on our website, click view previous orders, find your order, and download from your existing order link.

While that's downloading uninstall the version(s) of the 777 you have currently installed. Once the new installer(s) are downloaded, install. Done.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, thank you :)

Also... thank you for the time you put into all those YouTube instructional videos, they're invaluable :D

Welcome!

Really? They just make me cringe to the point that I want to re-do them without all the tangents and Ben Stein voicing. Either way, I'm glad they've helped, and thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, thank you :)

Also... thank you for the time you put into all those YouTube instructional videos, they're invaluable :D

+1, indeed!

Really? They just make me cringe to the point that I want to re-do them

... i also fully enjoyed and still enjoy viewing them.

They are helpful, informative ... in other words:

I hope You will continue to release these kind of videos in the future as well.

Cheers, Christoph

I hope You will continue to release these kind of videos in the future as well.

I'm sure I'll have some more out as the DC-6 gets closer, since it's so incredibly different from our normal offerings. Thanks for the support!

Kyle Rodgers

I'm sure I'll have some more out as the DC-6 gets closer, since it's so incredibly different from our normal offerings. Thanks for the support!

Perfect!

Very much looking forward to Your DC-6 videos Kyle - and any other flightsim-video that You may hopefully release in the future.

Cheers, Christoph

I de-installed, re-installed, all fixed exactly as advised! Thank you once again :)

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

Kyle Rodgers