Sign in to follow this  

My $21,000 PC...

I use 5 of these components ... and I'm somewhat puzzled by some of Maximum PC's choices.  For example why pair up Adam Studio Monitors with Creative labs?  I've had some Adam speakers and they are as neutral and clear as I've ever heard from a speaker, even better than my Genelec's ... but to pair powered monitors up with Creative Labs is like pairing up a VW bug engine with a Le Ferrari chassis.

Then there is the Dell UP2715K 27" 5K monitor ... love the 5K part, but 27"??  That's going to produce some VERY small text ... bare minimum 5K should be 40".  I suspect they use such a small monitor for squeezing in 5K pixels to make any AA issues seem almost unnoticeable with a tiny .dot pitch (and I think they tested with AA turned OFF).

Another oddity, why use Samsung 850 Pro ?  Intel's 750 nvme 1.2TB SSDs are considerably faster ... I'm guessing they didn't because it would use up a PCIe slot which is fill with 4 Titan X's.

But that brings me to another point, the Asus Rampage V Extreme doesn't support 4 PCIe 16X lanes ... it only supports 2.  They should have used the Asus X99-E which does have 4 16X lanes.

I like the EK cooling, but no chipset or VRM cooling?

And then there is the RAM ... 2800Mhz, not the best for performance, but I guess they were looking for quantity ... however, they didn't max out the RAM.  Asus's recent EFI update for the Rampage V Extreme includes support for 16GB DDR4 RAM for a total of 128GB RAM.

Curtsy of Maximum PC:

47171c66e0b51a2aa73ee80e71f3acf9.jpg

31bbbc7cfff0d3cb3c40868b6f600152.jpg

4a20bed4b9076889a01d2b97836c2214.jpg

bf366d4fda468bd8f84b73726c3e3f82.jpg

558365725d417227045bdef433290a9e.jpg

d28af660e4698ef1d61e36662ac0cad9.jpg

The sad reality of some of these builds (mine included) is that after a couple of years they can barely keep up with a new $1000 PC.

Cheers, Rob.

For just a few thousand more you could own your very own Piper Comanche.  

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1963-PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1375875.htm

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

There's an update for my MB? I guess I should check their forums more often. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png