Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Lufthansa Cargo configuration?

If anyone can help configure the MD-11F for Lufthansa Cargo that is helpful. Example do they use the different Pegasus fms and any other settings in the options menu. Thanks! - David Lee

If anyone can help configure the MD-11F for Lufthansa Cargo that is helpful

This is only a guess but I imagine it would be configured something like the Swssiair in Tutorial 1, From Basic Tutorial "

For this tutorial flight weʼre going to fly using the metric weights. Therefore the MD-11 needs to be set accordingly. In the

menu bar choose ʻAdd-Onsʼ -> ʻPMDGʼ -> ʻOptionsʼ and in that menu go to ʻAirline Options - Displaysʼ to change ʻWeight

Indicatorsʼ to KGs. This is very important to load and fly the aircraft on the very same weights as in this tutorial.

Also to have the same indications as on the screenshots you should set ʻND Symbolsʼ to ʻEuropeanʼ, ʻAltitude, speed and

heading indicatorsʼ to ʻLine/Triangleʼ, ʻWind displayʼ to ʻCrossʼ and ʻZone temperature units to ʻ° Cʼ. Press ʻOKʼ when done".

I have noticed that the Lufthansa MD-11 cargo flights begin with the letters GEC followed by a 4 digit number in 8000s such as GEC8155. Odd numbers are eastbound and even numbers westbound.

All GEC flights inbound to EDDF are odd numbers, outbound are even.  Flight Numbers are LH80XX to LH84XX.

Lufthansa Cargo inherited the ICAO designation of GEC from German Cargo and used LH for IATA.  Lufthansa Cargo flights operate under LH and GEC.  The ICAO callsign is Lufthansa Cargo.

Sorry I can't provide you more information. :smile:

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Wilhelm

Do you know anything about Aerologic? I thought there call sign was BOX but in a year and half I have not found BOX on FlightAware.

Wilhelm

Do you know anything about Aerologic? I thought there call sign was BOX but in a year and half I have not found BOX on FlightAware.

They are out there, mainly in Europe and Asia. IATA is 3S, ICAO is BOX, and ATC call sign is "German Cargo". BOX519 is out there now going from HKG to LEJ.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

They are out there, mainly in Europe and Asia. IATA is 3S, ICAO is BOX, and ATC call sign is "German Cargo". BOX519 is out there now going from HKG to LEJ.

Must have missed it on FlightAware. I checked FlightAware about 0410Z but that was about seven hours after you made your post. BOX 519 had probably already landed at EDDP.

This is only a guess but I imagine it would be configured something like the Swssiair in Tutorial 1, From Basic Tutorial "

For this tutorial flight weʼre going to fly using the metric weights. Therefore the MD-11 needs to be set accordingly. In the

menu bar choose ʻAdd-Onsʼ -> ʻPMDGʼ -> ʻOptionsʼ and in that menu go to ʻAirline Options - Displaysʼ to change ʻWeight

Indicatorsʼ to KGs. This is very important to load and fly the aircraft on the very same weights as in this tutorial.

Also to have the same indications as on the screenshots you should set ʻND Symbolsʼ to ʻEuropeanʼ, ʻAltitude, speed and

heading indicatorsʼ to ʻLine/Triangleʼ, ʻWind displayʼ to ʻCrossʼ and ʻZone temperature units to ʻ° Cʼ. Press ʻOKʼ when done".

I have noticed that the Lufthansa MD-11 cargo flights begin with the letters GEC followed by a 4 digit number in 8000s such as GEC8155. Odd numbers are eastbound and even numbers westbound.

Actually, Lufthansa do not have the same configuration as Swissair did, their MD-11's have the US style navigation displays and no tape instrument displays. I am wondering about fms type and other pmdg options settings like high deflection - David Lee

If anyone can help configure the MD-11F for Lufthansa Cargo that is helpful. Example do they use the different Pegasus fms and any other settings in the options menu. Thanks! - David Lee

Hello David,

I happen to have the exact config.

Airline options - Displays

Flight Director: Cross-Hair

ND Symbols: U.S.

Wind display: Arrow

Engine Data: Dial

Altitude, Speed and heading indicators/bugs:

Precision/Bowtie

Units:

Weight Indicators: KGs

Zone temperature units: Celsius

Hydraulic quantities: Gal.

Airline options - Equipment

GPS/GNS Equipped: Yes

RCWS Equipped: Yes

Deflected Ailerons Option: Yes

Autobrakes high deceleration rate: Yes

Heavy fuel distribution: Yes

FMS Software Load:

-920 (Pegasus)

Default Descent Performance Speed:

Use ECON descent speed

Will not disclose where I got this from - but you can trust me that its correct. 

Have a nice evening!

• Upvote 1