Sign in to follow this  
michal

7E7 Is Ugly

Guest jetstar230

Dont wont to start A V B War but man the 7E7 looks ugly!!! Always here poeple saying how Ugly the A380 is but im afraid the &E& takes the Cake

That's funny, because I always thought the same of the 757 - I just didn't like the droop-nose-thing. I think people dislike the 380 because it is so big taht it seems to lack "grace" and "style", if those things matter at all.- Martin

Guest Paul Heaney

Yeah the 7E7 Dreamliner is Ugly, but MAN! I love that paint scheme!I guess it will take a while to grow on us.

Guest JDH

I quite disagree, I like the 7e7. I think we may see some alterations before the final design, mainly around the wingtip area.But BOTH the 7e7 and the A380 are new and important developments in their individual fields and exciting concepts for the future of air travel. Long may they both operate successfully.

I couldn't agree more - yeah, that's an ugly bird!I generally like planes with rounder, kind of more "female" shapes better.This is also why I never was a fan of the Concorde.Wolfgang

Guest Carioca

7E7 front's design has the Caravelle style. Maybe the "retro style" concept that designers are using nowsadays.

Guest ba747heavy

A curious thing to post if you don't want to start an Airbus v Boeing war ;)

Fred, the Caravelle was a British aircraft - in fact the first commercial passenger carrying jet. Let's not make this into a Boeing vs. Airbus discussion, shall we?

>Maybe the "retro style" concept that designers are using nowsadays.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

>Fred, the Caravelle was a British aircraft - in fact the>first commercial passenger carrying jet. Let's not make this>into a Boeing vs. Airbus discussion, shall we?I wasn't, I was referring to the original posters remark. I just hit the wrong reply button. that started the thread

"7E7 front's design has the Caravelle style."I thought the Caravelle was one beautiful aircraft, although now I consider the EMB-170 in that category--I find it among the most beautiful commercial aircraft out there--something about the sleekness of the nose combined with those winglets.-John

Guest bjjones

>Fred, the Caravelle was a British aircraft - in fact the>first commercial passenger carrying jet.ermm that would be the Comet, The Caravelle came 6 years later and was very much French :-)

Oops. A senior moment. You are absolutely right. I will never ever post again in relation to a/c history. I will leave that to those who still have connected synapsis. :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Always here poeple saying how Ugly the A380 is but im afraid the &E& takes the CakeHmmm... I don't know. I'd give the 7E7 the benefit of the doubt for being somewhat different than the rest of the airliners around right now. The A380 is a whole different story. I just feel that Airbus is not really revolutionizing with the A380, since the 747 designs that were proposed were similar (some were almost identical). If the technology was there back then, what exactly is new?Time will tell. In 2010, both aircraft should be in service. Then we'll see what happens. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)