Sign in to follow this  
Numenra

P3D/737 Clean Install Freeze

Hello,

I hope someone may have a solid fix but on sunday I went and did the Win 10 conversion didnt like it and went back to Win 7. I did the proper uninstall of the sim prior to and then did a complete fresh install back on the same drive previously in the Win 7 environment. However upon reinstalling the 737 when I select it in the vehicle select my whole system freezes. There is no blue screen, there is no pop up warning a complete freeze of the computer. 

Prior to this the sim and the aircraft were absolutely fine, there are no residual traces (that I can detect) of the Win 10 install. I have done virus scans, my drivers for my Nvidia card are current heck I even today bought a brand new hard drive specifically for the sim and the same thing happens. I have installed other aircraft to see if anything else would reproduce the same error but not one of them create the same problem. 

I am not sure what needs to be done at this point and I have not seen a thread similar to this issue. But again, I am not sure what is wrong and how to fix. My mind is exhausted on what to do after installing P3D on a brand new harddrive and then installing the 737 go into the sim select the aircraft and the whole computer instantly freezes. 

Thanks in advance for any support.

KJ Allen

Did you install all windows updates and chipset drivers before you installed a fresh sim? This kind of oddity happened to me once before. As much of a pain as it was, i fresh installed W7 for a second time in the space of two days and for whatever reason, my issue resolved. Not saying you have to be that drastic, but that's what worked for me.  Don't cram a fresh install of P3D full of addons from the start.  Start slowly and introduce them one at a time - over time.

reinstalling the 737 when I select it in the vehicle select my whole system freezes

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Whole system freezes as in nothing works, you using Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart?

This will most certainly leave a trace in the form of an error or event message in the Windows Event Viewer... looked there?

First thing I thought of was checking the PMDG readme with the installer P3D USERS READ ME and installing the simconnect modules as recommended.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am not sure what is wrong and how to fix. My mind is exhausted on what to do after installing P3D on a brand new harddrive and then installing the 737 go into the sim select the aircraft and the whole computer instantly freezes. 

Did you install the version of SimConnect that PMDG 737 requires?

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the responses...

The rollback I did back to Win 7 was via the option available from reverting back from Win 10 so I really did not have to reinstall it but it is something to consider on the drivers.

When I say whole system freezes I do mean that, the whole computer freezes and I have to hard restart the system there is no keyboard interaction and there is no log.

I'm fairly certain the proper simconnect is running however I will take another look at that as based on the replies this seems to be a common denominator.