Sign in to follow this  
Emilio_G

Clock & ETM gauges

As many of you know on the pilot's side almost obscured by the yoke there is a clock gauge. I was curious and looked it up, it turns out the gauge is the FlightCom DVR 300i clock & recorder. It records radio transmissions, useful when your mind isn't flexible enough for long clearances :) It also has a clock and elapsed timer that work from the moment the gauge is turned on (I think that is powered by the Avionics button?)

In the PA46T from Carenado this gauge is only switching between Zulu (24 hrs format) and Local (12 hrs format) time and nothing else that I know of, a crippled gauge.

For more information on its real counterpart visit http://www.manualslib.com/products/Flightcom-Dvr-300i-3554237.html

As for the Engine Trend Monitor (ETM) it is located on the copilot's side to the left of the yoke (like the clock on the pilot's side). It is manufactured by Shadin. The implemented gauge has several pages with useful information, obviously not as much as the real instrument.

The pilot's manual for this (real) gauge can be found at:

http://www.shadin.com/documents/manuals/PilotsGuide.pdf

"As many of you know on the pilot's side almost obscured by the yoke there is a clock gauge."

There is a click spot to remove the yoke.

P46T-noyoke_zps1mtnim3q.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW