Just got some Saitek stuff from a friend and want to know how you guys are setting it all up. I have the yoke, two switch/radio boxes, two throttle sections and some other brand pedals. The problem is if I plug them all into the back of the yoke and use the one yoke usb cable to pc I get a power warning and some of the units will not function. I found I have to divide the usb cables into several inputs on the pc to get enough power. 

Question is there a real powered extension usb port that really works? I have a so called power usb port for five inputs but it still gets the power warning so I think it is not really powered. 

Also what is a good rack to mount all this too if I do not use a desk?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have the same kit.  I have the throttle plugged into the yoke, everything else is plugged into 2 powered hubs (so as to split the power draw) These are mains powered via an adapter.  

You have to also make sure that you only use USB 2, usb 3 can cause issues (or so Saitek say).  

I made sure that my hubs have overvolt protection, just in case. They dont cost that much, just be careful to make sure that they are what you need, the cheapest option is not always the best particularly since a poor design can ruin your stuff, though if you get it from a decent supplier, you shouldnt have that issue.

Some people just calibrate the yoke etc through FSX/etc, others use FSUIPC, though this costs money and really isnt required unless you have a particularly complicated setup. Also, with regards the radio/multipanel etc, the Saitek drivers should be fine.  There is a thing called SPAD which are replacement drivers and offer a few more setup options together with refinement of the whole operation of these units, though I am happy with mine as they are.  

Regarding setting up, look on youtube, theres a guy called froogle who has done tutorials on just about everything FSX related, there are lots of others too., and there is always the forum here.

I use a desk to mount all this on, though I have seen some folk build their own stand to mount their kit on, and even saw one fella mount it all on a musicians keyboard stand, its just whatever you have to hand that suits.  Good luck.

I have the Saitek Pro Yoke with 2 throttle units. They both plug into the connections on the yoke and the yoke plugs into a USB2 port on the PC.

I also have several GoFlight modules and these certainly need more power than the motherboard can supply. I bought a D-Link 7 port USB hub and it's excellent. I'm sure it would be fine for your Saitek Radio boxes as they need far more power than throttles because of the displays.

You can plug throttles via the yoke directly into the PC USB port but the radios will definitely need to go via the powered hub.

As for calibrating the yoke and throttles etc. I use the facilities in FSUIPC (payware version).

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather