Sign in to follow this  
gwillmot

TTools - VTBD to VTBS in Bangkok

Long time simmer but never used TraficTools.  I want to divert some traffic from the "old" Bangkok airport (VTBD) to the newer VTBS which was not included in FS2004.

Found a similar topic by OPA which explained "how" to do it which I understand to some extent.  The PROBLEM is I'm using MyTraffic 2006 and its traffic files don't seem to be recognized by TTools v2.02.  It appears to require a traffic*.bgl format while the MyTraffic files are in the format of Mytraffic*.bgl.

I know this must be simple, but my simple mind is simpler ..... so ...... can anyone help an aging simmer feel like he is part of the few, the proud, and the brave again?

gwillmot

P.S. - Please prepare some crow for me if it's simply a matter of renaming the MyTraffic files, doing what I need to do, and then renaming back ..... although my digestive track might rebel.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, starting oven now.  Talking to myself was a positive in this case ..... as it provided the answer - rename, decompile, compile, rename. Thanks for listening, anyway! .... and thanks to OPA!

I have no experience with MyTraffic but  you can open the Flight Plans file via the TTools (TTools.exe) program when FS9 is not running. Then do a search for "VTBD" and change each hit into "VTBS". When you've done them all, save the file and re-copile it via the same TTools program.

The changes will only become visible after re-starting FS9.

But, But, But. Because the new addon VTBS did not have a default version in FS9 you will most probably need to add it manually to the TTools Airports list otherwise you will recieve an error message during the compilation process. For the required positioning and elevation data you can take those from the VTBS airport refence point specified in it's Afcad file.

Good luck

Hans