Hi

Ok a short while ago I was undecided weather to go down the sli 780ti route or to go fo a single 980ti

I have since decided that for me the single card is possibly the long term better option.However  I have the problem now of which one to get,I prefer EVGA cards but thats not a game decider I'm looking for the best I can get as I don't want to be changing again in 18months time so I want to get one that is likely to be still around then.

I quite like the look of this one

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-evga-gtx-980-ti-hydro-copper-pcie-30-(x16)-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1140mhz-boost-1228mhz-cores-2816-3x

but as I'm not to worried on noise are there better options out there. I noticed a zotac card that has a faster memory 7220Mhz and also get quite a good review on hexus but have seen a few people saying on here to stay away from zotac cards any advice on this minefield of choice would be greatful as I'm not sure

I currently only run a single monitor at 1920x 1080p but plan on getting a much better monitor/monitors within the next 3-4 months

Thanks

Pete Little

Hi Elaine

Thanks for getting back.I noticed your thread only after I had posted and it did sort of help but also added more things to figure out as well as i'm now also thinking of changing my monitor to a 4k one. Will have to do some more reading up before making the final choice on this

rgds

Pete Little

Hi there.

sorry to bump the topic.  I went ahead and bought the following card 

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-asus-gtx-980-ti-strix-directcu-iii-oc-pcie-30-7200mhz-gddr5-gpu-1216mhz-boost-1317mhz-cores-2816

its in my machine and all working fine.  Alas Ive never had a ndviva card before so dont really know where to start.

Can someone explain the settings they are using on p3d V3 in the ndvia control panel and in the sim.

Many thanks as always.

14ppkc-6.png