Sign in to follow this  
DeCampos

FSX-SE minimizes

I use FSX full screen, if I try to get into windowed mode, and then click anywhere outside of the FSX window, FSX drops to the task bar, it doesn't crash just minimizes.

Only happens with FSX. Wish somebody can help, thanks

Jose De Campos

London

Are you running FSX as Admin?  (Right click fsx.exe, select the Compatibility Tab, and check at the bottom).  If not, select Run this Program as an administrator.)

Hope this helps!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm fairly certain that minimizing the program occurs completely outside of FSX and is handled exclusively by Windows.

But then I thought that if maybe there had been a monitor change or other problem which prevented the called resolution from being displayed it might create some type of problem that may resulted is FSX not being displayed. Changing the resolution under settings before loading into the cockpit would certainly be good thing to do, being sure it was a resolution the graphics driver and monitor is capable of displaying.

The OP didn't say if FSX could be maximized or if it stayed minimized. If it can be Maximized, I'd recommend giving the Windows settings a good look (Administrator setting, Run in Normal Window, etc.).

In the end, I'm not entirely sure that rebuilding the CFG file would accomplish anything, but certainly never hurts and often results in a smoother running program overall (after base tweaks are put back in such as HighMemFix, etc.). It's certainly worth a try and takes hardly any effort to do.

I hope this has been helpful!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.