Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Landing lights

Hi.

I have been trying to change the landing lights option in cfg from 10k to 18k but it still remains 10k when I change it. All other changes work but this one.

V1.7

Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Both. Let's say I select in cfg "connect GPU at the gate- YES or NO" and that option will stay depending what I have chosen. Landing lights options are always reverts back to 10k even if I select 18k and FO turns On/Off lights at 10,000 feet even if I select 18k.

It was same issue with previous versions.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Bryan.

I did same steps you did, just selected 18k in cfg using arrow and exit the cfg panel. Then I accessed the cfg in a minute or so and found 10k!!! I changed to 18k back, exited the cfg and left as it is. During climbs/descent at 18k nothing happened, at 10k FO flipped landing lights switches On and Off accordingly. 

Something is not working in my sfg. I have an issues with connecting GPU after gate arrival as well. Per manual: NOTE: If you have selected to have the GPU automatically connect at gate arrival via the CFG options, only shut down the right engine after external power is connected and on-line! 

GPU does not connect automatically. It will if I shut down the right engine first then GPU will be connected, however the manual says: After external power is connected, not before (unless I am doing something wrong).

Thx for help. Will do more tests tonight. 

OK, lights are fine, FO turns them On and Off at 18k. Had to reinstall FS2crew. 

GPU still won't connect automatically unless I shut down the right engine first. Another thing, I cannot hear pax boarding. 

Thx 

OK, lights are fine, FO turns them On and Off at 18k. Had to reinstall FS2crew. 

GPU still won't connect automatically unless I shut down the right engine first. Another thing, I cannot hear pax boarding. 

Thx 

The right engine needs to be shutdown first.

You can't hear pax boarding from the cockpit of a 777.  I asked our 777 consultant about that.

Cheers,

Hi Byork

I am going to take it back regarding landings lights.

If I change 10k to 18k right before the flight then it works. If I exit FSX it resets back to 10k. For some reason cfg doesn't hold selected 18k option for me permanently.

Thx

If I exit FSX it resets back to 10k. For some reason cfg doesn't hold selected 18k option for me permanently.

Thx

That's because FS2Crew doesn't save that CFG setting.  In a future update, I'll have that selection saved so you don't need to select it for each flight.

Cheers,

Interesting, but for some reason cfg saves other settings like GPU automatically connects at the gate or FO powers up the airplane. Looks to me light are exempt.