Sign in to follow this  
jammur88

complete 777 SDK ?

Hello

I'm wondering if there will be a complete SDK for the 777 just like the NGX with annunciators etc as I'm building a home cockpit based on PMDG and if anyone has had any luck networking it on another pc for displays etc ?

Jammur

Hello

I'm wondering if there will be a complete SDK for the 777 just like the NGX with annunciators etc as I'm building a home cockpit based on PMDG and if anyone has had any luck networking it on another pc for displays etc ?

Jammur

When the 744 rolls out, it will have a networked functionality so that the various items can be run of different machines. This is not possible with the NGX and 777, currently, but they will receive the same feature down the line in order to support simpit builders, and our Sim Center.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Many thanks for the reply... I assumed there would be networking somewhere down the line so that's great news. What about the 777 SDK ? I know the NGX has a complete one so that we can program annunciators etc so far alot of it works perfect on the 777 just cant program the annunciators.

Jamie Murney

Many thanks for the reply... I assumed there would be networking somewhere down the line so that's great news. What about the 777 SDK ? I know the NGX has a complete one so that we can program annunciators etc so far alot of it works perfect on the 777 just cant program the annunciators.

What you see now is what you get for now, I'd imagine. I don't think we'll re-visit 777 SDK-wise until we get to the point of setting it up for that networked function. I'm also guessing that, since the annunciators in the 737 are triggered by individual lights, that's why they're in the 737 and not in the 777 (where it's all integrated into the EICAS, which is a single screen).

Kyle Rodgers

If you're revisiting the SDK, is there any chance we can have a mechanism for interfacing with the fuel and payload features of the CDU? Perhaps some custom controls?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.