Sign in to follow this  
PMDG777

PMDG_777x.dll Crash

Hi all,

Long time, no see.

I'm currently having a major issue with my T7 (both base and expansion). I've just got a new desktop so have been going through the process of completely reinstalling FSX (FSX + Acceleration boxed edition. NOT Steam edition). I followed NickN's FSX Bible install guide to the letter, specifically install an addon, run FSX and run load a flight with that addon, close FSX, next addon etc. During the install process both the LR/F and ER worked perfectly, but now whenever I load a flight in any 777, it crashes immediately. I see the VC with black displays for less than a second then CTD. Here is the event viewer log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5519990e
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0024ba2c
Faulting process ID: 0x1570
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1074de01cbea5
Faulting application path: C:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL
Report ID: 352f8f2b-cb0c-4019-8265-13a0939661da
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID

These crashes happen at default FSX airports with no other addons (weather etc) running. My default flight is the default FSX flight with trike at Friday Harbor.

I also get a crash with the NGX as soon as the flight loads. Displays are all black then CTD:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008af3e
Faulting process ID: 0x166c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d107ec61798cdb
Faulting application path: C:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
Report ID: 7775d323-7a1d-463d-93c0-0ae96aafbb14
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Obviously not a PMDG dll but I can't help thinking that the two crashes are related.

Things I've tried:
  • Reinstall the 2010 C++ Redist. for x86 and x64 - No change
  • Uninstall 777, delete any 777 folders in the FSX main folder, start FSX, restart computer, install 777. - No change
  • Disabled my antivirus (Bitdefender 2016 Total Security) and try reinstall etc. - No change.
  • Run a repair install of the 777 - No change
  • Delete FSX.cfg and let it rebuild - No change (When I selected the 777 in FSX, I was asked to allow PMDG_777x.dll to run which I allowed. Not asked about PMDG_777x_2.dll. Was I meant to?)
  • Remove exe.xml and dll.xml - No change
  • Disable all addon scenery areas that are not default FSX - No change
  • Delete FSUIPC.ini - No change.
  • Uninstall and clean install nVidia graphics drivers - No change
  • Installed the 3 simconnect versions - No change.
  • Redownloading the NGX/777 installers to ensure they weren't corrupt - No change

I'm at the end of my tether with this one. I really don't want to have to do a complete FSX reinstall as it takes me days to complete.

These addons are confirmed working:

• Aerosoft A318/19/20/21
  • Carenado aircraft
  • LevelD 767

It is only PMDG NGX/777 that has this issue. If I have to reinstall FSX, so be it however I'm throwing this out there on the hope that I can fix it and avoid the pain!!!

Thanks all :)

MSVCR, I believe, usually means it's a GPU/driver issue.

Hmm. Well I've tried a full uninstall of the graphics drives, reboot, then clean install to no avail.

Edit: Apparently the msvcr100.dll crash is the C++ 2010 Redist.

Hmm. Well I've tried a full uninstall of the graphics drives, reboot, then clean install to no avail.

Using a shader mod by chance?

Kyle Rodgers

Using a shader mod by chance?

Nope. Even emptied the shader cache just to make sure. Same deal.

Nope. Even emptied the shader cache just to make sure. Same deal.

Hmm...well I'm betting they're related. Unfortunately, this is more of a Win issue than an issue we can solve, directly. While I see that other devs' aircraft are working properly, all that means is that they aren't capitalizing on the utilities of the OS to give the same depth that we provide.

See here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/395468-msvcr100dll-crash/

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104710

If I recall correctly, there's a checkbox in FSUIPC to correct some common issues, if you have a registered version. I forget which tab though.

Kyle Rodgers

I've binned Win 10 and started fresh with Win 7 Pro x64....here's hoping.

PMDG777, on 19 Oct 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

I've binned Win 10 and started fresh with Win 7 Pro x64....here's hoping.

I don't think Win10 was your issue. I bet if you had done a clean install of Win10 the issue may very well have gone away as well.

Did you try re-installing the Visual C Runtimes? (I know that re-installs are frowned on by some, myself included, but for a runtime it is usually OK.)

You should have the following installed (Well, this is what I have installed and I have no issues, on Win10)

Capture_zpsb7xlrgyo.png

I don't think Win10 was your issue. I bet if you had done a clean install of Win10 the issue may very well have gone away as well.

Did you try re-installing the Visual C Runtimes? (I know that re-installs are frowned on by some, myself included, but for a runtime it is usually OK.)

You should have the following installed (Well, this is what I have installed and I have no issues, on Win10)

Capture_zpsb7xlrgyo.png

Possibly however I'm not a fan of win 10 primarily for the Windows update mechanism. My win 10 was a clean install with only flight sim installed so I don't get where the issue cropped up.

I also tried reinstalling all the C++ resist. which showed no change. Still crashed.

Currently installing all my add ons again so fingers crossed this time.