Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

PMDG Planes Bouncing In The V3.0 HOOD

So I got P3D v3.0 installed finally and I installed the PMDG 737 and 777 latest installers and they work but they are doing something weird when they load.    I fly in in Maximized Window mode.   What happens when I load in with a PMDG aircraft is the sim will minimize to just the title bar and I have to reopen it with the maximize button and when I load in the PMDG drops in from like 15 feet up off the ground and bounces while all the scenery starts loading in as if I had gone to the other side of the planet and it offloaded all the data about the place I am.   So all the autogen has to adjust and the elevation mesh has to adjust.   It takes about 30 seconds for the entire scene to rebuild and the PMDG is just bouncing up and down like it's testing it's shocks until the scene is done loading.   It's the only aircraft it's doing this with.  The Airbuses and Twin Otter I have don't do this weird load in behavior.   Any idea what's going on?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thats the new space ship feature provided by pmdg  - lol kidding seen this a long time ago cant remember why its doing it - might have to load it in a specific order or scenerio

Rich Sennett

Now I remember it was the Majestic Q400 - but developer needed to fix that other than that I have never seen this before with pmdg product but I have not loaded it into V3 yet

Rich Sennett

So, what else did you expect with aircraft from Boing?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

So, what else did you expect with aircraft from Boing?

Boing?   Dang that Boing company!    I think I trust them more than Scarebus, Inc.  :P

Also, update.   If I remain patient and just let it load without touching the minimize/maximize button, the sim restores itself to full screen and everything loads correctly and it doesn't bounce around.    Just weird behavior that I did not encounter in the previous version of P3D.

A behavior that does persist though and has persisted since I've owned FSX and used PMDG on it and now on Prepar3D... is the fact that when I fly a PMDG aircraft and start the flight, I have to wait for every single one of my 6 external HDDs to wake up from sleep mode.   I guess this must be PMDG's anti-piracy check or something?   They are the only aircraft I own that have to wake up all my hard drives before the sim can proceed.   Until they are all spooled up Prepar3D will not finish loading the flight.   It's a rather annoying habit of the PMDG aircraft.   I am fairly certain this is their anti-piracy routines at work.    Leave my externals alone!   They just wanna sleep... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy