Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

My FS2004 has lost its sound

The computer plays sound for other items but not for my sim. It just suddenly stopped. I have even removed the sim and reloaded it to no avail. I have used this for 4 years and never had this happen before.

Really strange to be losing it only in FS9. Did this happen with a completely default FS9? Have you checked the sound settings in FS9? Try changing the sound quality settings and make sure all sounds are enabled.

Mark Daniels

Thanks Skywatcher,   You put me onto the right track. I had not checked the volume slider at the bottom of the screen because My pc sound and Movies or you tube whatever worked perfectly but I went back and clicked on the mixer button repeatedly and suddenly a third channel showed up labeled FS 9 sound and its box was cjhecked off with a red X.. I have never seen that  before and it took multiple clicks to bring it up. all is well...life is good..many thanks to you