Sign in to follow this  
CarlosMartins

Photoreal Scenery problem - FTX Global Freeware Airport NA & SA

Hello,

One friend of mine just told me about the first brazilian airport made by ORBX in the lastest pack of FTX Global Freeware Airport North America and South America Pack. 

It's the Torres Airport - SBTR in the very south part of Brazil, just between a lake and the beach. 

So I downloaded and installed the pack, and got the airport, but I noticed that I don't have any photoreal scenery around like my friend screenshot showed. 

I updated the library with the 151001, and nothing! Tried again installing the pack (don't have an uninstall program), and nothing!

Anyone can help me? I have here the P3D V3, and huge fan of ORBX (mostly because I lived for a while in the Pacific Northwest). 

Thanks! 

My friend screenshot:

10478196_1035762406476527_85264050268364

12045734_1035749103144524_21961173188388

Mine:

12022361_946840502042400_664493572247407

NO airports are compatible with v3. That includes the addon Freeware packs

That is probably the problem.

You need to wait.

I'll do

Carlos, none of the FTX freeware airport packs have photoreal elements to them. They are more or less just upgraded AFCAD files with some of the custom objects from the ORBX library you installed.

The photoreal in the screen shot from your friend came from somewhere other than ORBX, I can tell you that as a fact.

Most likely he got it from one of the Paulo Richardo freeware or payware photoreal sceneries he's developed for Brasil. Or it could be a photoreal area he made himself using SBuilderX or any other freeware photoscenery design tools.

So, even in you wait for the FTX v3 freeware airport packs, you still won't have the photoreal like your friend since it's not included from ORBX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator