Sign in to follow this  
Nike Hercoles

Do I need Saitek drivers and FSX Plugin installation?

Hi 

I have Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Pro Flight Quadrant and Pro Flight Rudder Pedal for FSX. Do I need to install theirs drivers? What about Saitek FSX Plugin? 

Sorry for the late reply..Just happened upon these today.

You  shouldn't need Saitek drivers for any of those, unless you want to take advantage of any special features of the hardware.  Windows and I would assume Linux and iOS will recognize them as joysticks by default.

For instance, my Saitek Cessna yoke has a mode switch that allows me to create multiple configurations using the same buttons.  If I wanted to use of the feature I would need the Saitek drivers since FSX doesn't recognize the mode switch.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi

I just bought the Saitek Cessna Pro Flight Yoke. The mad catz related software (profile editor ; not "saitek" signed but the one provided with the CD or on the saitek website) won't detect my equipment , while FSX does .

Does it work for you ?

Gnouze

EDIT : it works. Yoke needs be connected when the driver is installed first.

I don't use the Saitek/Mad Catz software with my Cessna yoke.   Initially when I bought it I configured it through FSX, now I use the paid version of FSUIPC.

What the Mad Catz software brings is the ability to program the mode switch, which is on the right handle of the yoke.  It allows you to do multiples configs of the buttons; one action in mode 1, a second in mode 2, a third in mode 3.

Without the software, you only have one action per button, or mode 1.  For me that's fine, so I skipped the software.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Without the software, you only have one action per button, or mode 1.  For me that's fine, so I skipped the software.

Actually you can use the mode switch with FSUIPC. The mode switch simply holds down button 9, 10 or 11 and you can use FSUIPC's compound button actions to make actions dependent on the setting of this switch. It is fiddly though, as you have to do it by editing fsuipc4.ini  :mellow:  If you routinely use LINDA, it can be done more elegantly that way.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks Mark,

I downloaded Linda, but haven't had the desire to play with it yet.

Of course, I don't use but a couple buttons on my Cessna yoke as it is, so haven't needed the extras. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem