Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Flightsim Commander v9.6 causing stutters

Hi Everyone

Hmmmmm  .. this is an interesting one

I installed Prepar3D Version 3 a few days ago and then went through the arduous task of installing most of my addons which went very well indeed  ...

I span the simulator over three 26" screens and a fourth 22" screen to put FS Commander on

I was extremely pleased with how fluid P3D was until I installed and loaded FS Commander 9.6

It doesn't matter whether I place FS commander on the 4th screen or position it in a small windows on one of the three spanned screens .... as soon as I load it the stutters are awful ... If I close it with the sim running  P3D smooths out beautifully

So without a doubt the culprit is FS Commander ... come to think of it I am pretty sure it was the same issue in v2.5 so it's not a v3 compatibility issue

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so whether there is a solution

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi Everyone

Hmmmmm  .. this is an interesting one

I was extremely pleased with how fluid P3D was until I installed and loaded FS Commander 9.6

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so whether there is a solution

Thanks in advance

Paul

and thanks in advance for your speedy replies guys and gals!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Ok  ... an update on my findings .....

If I run FS Commander v9.6 (Moving map/Flight planner program) everything is still smooth (I previously said it stuttered as soon as I loaded it but OPUS must of been running)  ... but as soon as I run Opus FSI weather engine P3D immediately starts to stutter really bad ...

If, whilst P3D is still running,  I then close either FS Commander or Opus FSI everything smooths out again  .....

It doesn't matter which combination I choose  ... If I run just one of these programs with P3D everything is fine ... it only starts to stutter if I run both ... and when I say stutter I mean it really stutters dreadfully!

I am wondering if it is a 'Simconnect' problem

Any ideas would be appreciated  

Paul

Hi, does any of those two addons display text in your sim? There is a stutter-problem with P3D if you have VSYNC on and the colored text bar appears on the screen.

On another note, there seems to be something wrong with the managed SimConnect DLL in V3. This is just a theory, but it looks like the DLL has been re-compiled with all debugger options ON (something you normally don't do in production delivieries). This leads to unhandled exceptions and warnings being thrown by dotNet, which in turn can lead to problems in addons that use this DLL.

At least that is what I observe with my own addon - and this does not happen with any other SimConnect DLL before that, P3D 2.5, FSX SE, FSX Accel even back to FSX SP2 all work fine.

LORBY-SI

Hello Nuitkati

Firstly thank you for your suggestions but I think I have cracked it

I installed Simconnect from the 'redist' folder within P3D and it looks as if that has sorted things out  ...I think it was Opus requiring this

but once again thank you for your input

Regards

Paul

Having thought I'd sorted things out ... sadly the stutters reappeared and whatever I tried nothing would sort this out ......

Until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 !!!!

I've been flying with FS Commander ... Opus weather engine ... Rex4 etc etc for over a week now and everything is as smooth as butter

So that looks as if this is the solution

Paul