Sign in to follow this  
apatity

FSX Networking: Opus vs. WidevieW vs. FSxpand vs. Air Manager vs. FSX

Hi there, 

I want to share my knowledge and learn something from yourself.

I am going through an IFR course and setting up a sim to help develop a proper scan, memorise routines, try various emergencies and so on. 

After learning that iPad can be used to control the instruments like radio and navs from the touchscreen, I thought, a nice pc could do the whole instrument panel on one big touch screen. That worked, so i wanted connect it to another pc that would also provide an outside view on a big tv screen. Well...

FSX multiplayer - a bit fiddly, but works the best of the below. It is really smooth. You can run VOXATC and it will inject ATC and traffic. It can not re-plays or share the cockpit of the A2A...

OPUS FSI - stutters, the client application just stutters the major computer on the liveview test itself!? Embarrassing, considering that FSX shared cockpit pass a lot more information and does it smoothly.

Wideview - another kind of stutters. If i tick the 'smooth' option, it runs better, but creates a lag.

FSxpand - the gauges are not looking real, lots of customisation is required, £80, ha?

Air Manager - the gauges look better but jumpy, not smooth, sometimes too sensitive or work in reverse, not stable - a lot of coding is required.

Well, the best experience so far is FSX shared cockpit with VOXATC...