Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Why P3D?

I appreciate this is your experience, but I truthfully don't think this is typical for the vast majority of users.

Except that the OP's equipment is about level with mine.

OP's equipment: mine

MOBO Asus M5A97: ASUS H-87 Plus

Ram     8G: 8G

CPU AMD Vishera 4.2 4530 QC: Intel i7-4770 3.90 GHz

Video      Nvidia EVGA GTX 750ti: ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti

PSU        450Watts: 500 Watts

Primary reason for me:

1.  Largest development team (in terms of actual software engineers) currently working on any flight sim project.

2.  Lockheed Martin is a massive company so access to resources is easier and obtaining the development tools to improve the platform is also that much easier (aka SpeedTrees, Triton, nVidia Support for SLI, etc. etc.) 

3.  Lockheed Martin actually design real world aircraft (both military and commercial in the past), also work with NASA on various projects, and I'm sure have worked on some "Area 51" projects ;)

4.  Improved performance (FPS/VAS) and visuals (clouds shadows, tessellation, volumetric fog, 3D waves, etc. etc.)

5.  Uses a more recent DX API (DX11, not the most recent but better than DX9/10)

6.  LM developers communicate with both 3rd party and end users providing a wealth of information and insight via public forums

Cheers, Rob.