Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

Is It Possible?

Hello everyone,

I am not really looking to do this but wanted to know if it was possible. Kind of like a proof-of-concept.

My question is, is it possible to run P3D at a stable 60FPS when in the Virtual Cockpit of a PMDG 737 or 777?

At the moment I have no problem pulling this in the outside view of these aircraft with a 4690k and a GTX 970. However I am wondering if it is possible with a much more powerful machine to get these sorts of framerates in the virtual cockpit view.

What are your thoughts?

It depends :-)

Running low-medium settings on P3D v3, no tweaks on default config. Hardware is 4790k, GTX980 both on stock, 16GB RAM and the sim on an EVO-SSD.

Following are what I'm seeing with FPS set to unlimited however it ranges from low 50's to these values. I normally cap my frames at 33FPS, resolution is 1920 x1200 and its stable at around 30-32FPS then.

B77W_FPS1.jpg

B738_FPS1.jpg

All stock P3D and no addons at present.

Is there a reason why you wish to run at 60FPS stable?

Regards