Sign in to follow this  
BrianC

Problems with FSX.SE

Hi everyone,

I am going slowly mad as I have some issues with FSX:SE that make me spend more time

@#@#%%%%%% around than actually flying. I hope someone can kindly help.

1. FSX continually crashes when I cancel a flight.

2. On occasions the program takes ages to start and I get a warning box "attempt to call a nil value"

3. On startup I get scenery errors on areas 120, 122, and 130. I have been trying to find out how to access

FSX.cfg so I can see what these areas actually are, with no luck.

4. I have accessed scenery.cfg but it doesnt tell me whst these scenery areas are either.

5. I have some addons including Airport GPS that need to appear on the ADDON selection on the Taskbar.

I hope I am not asking too many questions at once!

Urgent l help needed???, I am close to committing hari kari

Regards, Brian

this is the file path, replace Yourname with what ever you named your computer.  This is for Win7 and maybe Win8
C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You didn't say which OS you are using, so this might be a little off, but the scenery.cfg file is located under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\

The last time that I had that error with scenery.cfg, the scenery that I installed had the scenery name in both the "Title" and "Local" sections. The title is just that name and can be anything. The Local line needs to have the path to the scenery area. If the area is installed in the FSX\Scenery\ folder, you can just put "Scenery\<scenery area folder>" (obviously replacing "<scenery area folder>" with the actual name of the scenery area folder located in the FSX\Scenery\. If you have scenery added outside of the FSX\Scenery\ folder, just put the full path on the Local line "C:\Scenery folder\Some airports\Airport A\"...

The wrong entry looked something like this:

[Area.xxxx]
Title=Scenery Area Name
Local=Scenery Area Name
Layer=133
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

The corrected and working entry looks like this:

[Area.xxxx]
Title=Scenery Area Name
Local=Scenery\<scenery area folder>
Layer=133
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I hope this helps you.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440