Sign in to follow this  
pve

Is this a bug?

FSX orig XML code

I seems you can't get any airport info. from the WaypointAirportICAO list with FlightPlanIsDirectTo active. It works OK on initial DirTo entry but if you save the flight then recall it all the WaypointAirportICAO  info. is missing and can't be accessed. Removing the DirTo in the saved flight returns access to the information. 

Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,

You're right that FlightPlanWaypointICAO is missing in the flight plan if you load a saved DTO flight. However, FlightPlanWaypointIdent and FlightPlanWaypointType are still there and WaypointAirportICAO, or whatever facility type was the target of the DTO, of the destination can be created (or searched) from those. I know you're an expert in the gps module so I guess you're already doing that.

A bug? Maybe one can argue the Load Flight function should populate the destination ICAO in a Direct To flight plan.  But even if it did, FlightPlanWaypointICAO would also need to be transferred into WaypointAirportICAO or FacilityICAO before the group data could be accessed.

Bob

tested with FSXA.  Not P3D family

Hi Bob

Thanks for confirming that. Loading my saved flights with a normal saved flight plan included the WaypointAirportICAO data is transferred and loads correctly. A work round with a saved Goto would be to cancel the FlightPlanIsDirectTo after loading the flight then transfer the WaypointAirportICAO data from the AirportIdent and then resart the DirectTo. (just thought of that !!).

Paul

Paul EGLD

yeah.... great idea!  Now that you mention it, the saved Direct To flight plan .FLT contains all of the original flight plan waypoints, plus the information that Direct To was initiated.  By cancelling DTO after you load saved flight, you should get the flight plan back :smile: