Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Any Update on PMDG Simulator Facility?

OK, it has been 6 months from the last post , any update on any PMDG cockpit for public use?  Are you making 3 separate sims? one for the 737, one for the 777 and another one for the 747?  Based on your July 13 response, you said the first sim will be for the 737 or 777.    Those are the two I want to "play" with.  Forget the 747.  Is the 777 ready to even close to being ready.  As I mentioned last year, I want to plan a summer vacation in the DC area, and would like to incorporate a trip to the sim.  What are the odds of any sim being complete by summer 2017?

Personally, I don't think you'll see anything before the 747 is released for P3D.  Like Kyle said before, they have to update their current products to be able to run off of multiple computers.  This isn't very simple and can take a long time.  What I gathered from reading through everything is that the 747v3 will release with multiple-computer support.  I would imagine that once that is done, they will go back and update their 777 and 737 to have multi-computer capabilities as well, which is when you'll probably see the 737 or 777 sim, with the 747 following sometime after.  It could be this month, or it could be a year or more from now.  However, definitely don't let that stop you from planning a trip to DC and Northern Virginia.  The Air & Space museum on the mall and the Udvar-Hazy at Dulles are worth the trip alone.  At the former, you could substitute the 737 cockpit in your profile pic with a real cockpit, the 747 Classic, or a DC-7!!! Or see if you can setup a tour or class at the NTSB training center in Ashburn.  They have the re-constructed wreckage of TWA flight 800.  It's probably one of the coolest, yet at the same time very sombering, things I've ever seen. 

As an aside, Kyle or RSR, once the simulator facility is up and running, if you ever need a part-time employee, I'd be more than happy to help out since I live so close.

Regards,

Rob

I did the museum.  It is indeed really good.  I really wanted tohit a 777 sim soon.  I may go back to Miami flight school.  They have 3 Level D 777 full motion simulators.  If anyone wants to split a session, let me know.  2 hours in left seat, 2 hours in right seat.  I did this a few times and it is really a great time.  (It'll cost ~$500 per hour), so $1,000 for your 2 hours flying.

Paul Gugliotta

I did the museum.  It is indeed really good.  I really wanted tohit a 777 sim soon.  I may go back to Miami flight school.  They have 3 Level D 777 full motion simulators.  If anyone wants to split a session, let me know.  2 hours in left seat, 2 hours in right seat.  I did this a few times and it is really a great time.  (It'll cost ~$500 per hour), so $1,000 for your 2 hours flying.

Reading through this thread, the question I've yet to see answered that really matters is how fast did you get the Hellcat up to???

I never made it to the Virginia 1/2 mile Wanna-go-Fast  shootout.  I want to combine it with something else.  I can't see driving 7 hours for a 2 minute run.  That is why I wanted to do the PMDG sim as well.

So the fastest I ever went on my Hellcat Charger is 105 mph - I still have 100 more MPH to go.

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta