Sign in to follow this  
Guest briggsj

Checkride Complete!!! 24AUG04

Guest Johnny

Just to finish my little saga, most of you might remember back in the end of May when I was whining about getting my medical with having issues being a type II diabetic. Well I got my medical sometime around the end of June and continued on with my training and solos... Today I took my checkride and passed with flying colors. I took my written exam last week and was kinda bummed that I missed a question on it. On the oral I missed two questions. I must be slipping some. Any way also got to experience a new item today. On my way to go get the examiner (had to fly to another airport for him) I had a 10 knot crosswind, no big deal have been flying in those all summer long. Here's the kicker, it was raining pretty good and I got to do my first wet runway landing. The plane hydroplaned at a wicked angle down the runway with that crosswind. Got control of it, then went picked up the examiner we did the oral, and by that time the weather had cleared up so I went out and strutted my stuff and here I sit before you a real life certified honest to goodness pilot! How cool is that. I wanted to thank all who offered their encouragement when I was feeling down about the medical issue.Thanks,JohnnyKTUS/KAVQTucson AZ

A big congratulations from me!! Way to go! I remember that post by you back then :)"was kinda bummed that I missed a question on it."It's a killer isn't it? Missing a question, ech!I can't wait until I'm 17 (16 now) to get my certificate, June 1 will be my day! :D (Unless weather wants to go against me like it did for a week with my solo :-doh )Congrats once again,Jason :-wave

Guest jrewing

Johnny!Excellent news! Congratulations on passing the check ride and especially for not giving up in the face of adversity.John

Hi, Johnny.Congratulations! It will take some time, but you will eventually realize how much more there is to flying, every flight is a new experience. If you will make it a learning experience you will be constantly improving, be your own toughest critic. Maybe you can give us a short run down of what you had to do during your test. Good luck. TV

Guest briggsj

Congratulations! I passed my checkride on June 4, 2004 and received my multi-engine ppl two weeks later. I can attest to the feeling of achievement. It really is a special thing that sets you apart from many others.Keep up the good work!Jason BriggsKSLC