Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Help p3dv3 mouse pointer sticking to undocked panels

Strange issue I have always had with p3dv3

when pressing buttons on any undocked panel, 50% of the time, the mouse pointer sticks to the panel, so that the panel moves with mouse.

Only way I get around this is to right click and left click empty space. This issue can be very annoying during critical phases of flight.

Press any button on panel, try to move mouse away from panel and panel moves  with mouse

Anybody else having this issue or any solutions preferably

cheers

Bump, anybody getting mouse stick to panels in p3dv3

never had this in other p3d versions or fsx for that matter

cheers

Would appreciate any help with this vexing issue.

Happens only when using full screen.

Undocked panels on second monitor start moving with the mouse when I click buttons on the panel.

Example click a few buttons on GPS, try to move mouse away from GPS, and GPS panel follows mouse. I have to right click empty space on screen to stop the panel following my mouse

cheers

I'm using P3D v2, and with this version any undocked panels can be locked to avoid the problem you are having. I suspect P3D v3 has the same option.

After positioning the undocked panel, if you right click on an inactive area of that panel, where you get a mouse pointer rather than a hand, you should get a small menu panel appear. The second option on that menu is to lock the panel. Left click on this option and the panel is fixed until you decide to unlock it.  If you normally use full screen mode then select this before sizing and positioning the undocked panel. Then just lock it in place.

jbee.

John B

@Biggles

No man is an Island, feel so stupid, I been seeing that option there 10000 times, but it never remotely occurred to me to try it, cause this issue happens nearly plane crash each time.

Never occurred to me to try that

cheers give that a go.