Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Heading and course changes on the MCP on taxi out.

I noticed today that when I am taxiing to the active runway the heading that I set before I started moving kept changing as the direction that I was taxiing in changed. I have never seen this before. Normally before I taxi to the active, I will set the runway heading in the heading selector prior to arriving at the runway. It 737 would only allow me to do this, once I taxied out to the active and lined up for takeoff. Is this normal, or am I overlooking something. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I noticed today that when I am taxiing to the active runway the heading that I set before I started moving kept changing as the direction that I was taxiing in changed. I have never seen this before. Normally before I taxi to the active, I will set the runway heading in the heading selector prior to arriving at the runway. It 737 would only allow me to do this, once I taxied out to the active and lined up for takeoff. Is this normal, or am I overlooking something. 

if you are using pro-atc there is an option to enable/disable that behavior. i guess it is intended to help you find your way to the runway by changing the heading towards the holding point. 

cheers

-andy crosby

if you are using pro-atc there is an option to enable/disable that behavior. i guess it is intended to help you find your way to the runway by changing the heading towards the holding point. 

cheers

-andy crosby

I use Pro ATC, and had never seen it do this with the Airbus or Q400. Guess it must only act on the 737NGX. Anyway, thanks, I unchecked that box on Pro ATC.