Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

FSX setup detects old install on removed disc - can't continue.

I strongly suggesr fforgetting this as the next problem you will have once you get it on the  computer is getting it activated.

Stteam FSX now handles almost all fsx add ons and they have made considerable increases in stability and graphics by soldving a few old bugs.

At the moment it is on Winter sale for $5 so I woud grab it anyway if I were you  One other advantage of steam is that you can use it on several computers as long as only one at a time.

Good luck anyway and if someone can tell me what to do with my three fsx disks other than using them as drink coasters please do.  Thank you Microsoft for leaving us in the lurch.

Harry Woodrow

Hi Harry,

I tried everything - nothing worked - and I'm an experienced IT guy - LOL... My machine has been running for years and I did the "upgrade" from Win7x64 to Win10... It was about time for a clean install... I wiped my OS disk and reinstalled windows from scratch... The good news is that the disks still work and authenticated once I had my machine back up... That said - I have steam version but decided it was a good time to jump to P3Dv3.1 - - - so far - - - I am pretty happy with it... Thanks for responding and good luck...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7